PDA

View Full Version : G'day all

Simon_darley
9th January 2012, 06:17 PM
Just wanted to say hi to you all. I asked a simple question n got an immediate easy fast response do I am hoping this newbie can be more active.

I always wanted a patrol, and now have a simple straight forward GQ, 1994 3.0 petrol. I know diesels are better etc... And I 100% agree. Alas funds n cash said when I went to a car yard, these are all to shiny to new n to clean. I want a car that will last forever and never let me down. I don't want to clean it I don't want to mod it or repair it. I knew I wanted a patrol.

I have had 4 x Jeeps (it's a jeep thing, they are wrong n they all sucked)... Then a Prado, then an FJ40 (253, fully modded, lifted 6inches, 34 inch jungle Trekkers etc) so not a complete noob to off road, just noob to patrols.

After is all said and done, I love this patrol n look forward to being part of this community. Maybe one day when "it" grows up, it will be a GU Diesel but till then I plan n rocking around in this.

Sooooo cheers everyone.

growler2058
9th January 2012, 06:42 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard cheers for the intro, gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

Bigrig
9th January 2012, 06:43 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

By the way, I'm Scotty from qld and if you're one and the same Simon Darley, then my missus bought one of your "jeeps that sucked"!!!! lmao ... It's still going strong though - just the usual electrical problems that occur with them when mixed with water!!! lol

Enjoy!!

Clunk
9th January 2012, 07:29 PM
G'day Simon and welcome aboard mate

wildgu6
9th January 2012, 07:36 PM
G'day Simon, welcome aboard mate.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

DX grunt
9th January 2012, 09:46 PM
G'day Simon

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard? Where are you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dhuck
9th January 2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
10th January 2012, 05:20 AM
G'Day Simon, welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
10th January 2012, 07:11 AM
welcome aboard mate

patch697
10th January 2012, 07:48 AM
Welcome aboard mate.

Simon_darley
10th January 2012, 08:35 AM
Yep that's me, small world eh. I had 97 wrangler, 97 Cherokee, 2006 wrangler, then yours the 2007 JK rubicon I think. Yeah electrics on it were more of a worry than a reality. The alarm chimes and the check engine light goes on I it misses a single beat due to water, and stays on even though nothing is wrong!!!! Jeep said ignore the light!!!! Wtf what is it for then?

Anyway, glad your having fun n enjoying it.

Cheers

G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

By the way, I'm Scotty from qld and if you're one and the same Simon Darley, then my missus bought one of your "jeeps that sucked"!!!! lmao ... It's still going strong though - just the usual electrical problems that occur with them when mixed with water!!! lol

Enjoy!!

Bogus
11th January 2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Mate...