PDA

View Full Version : I use to cruise but now i patrol!!

Xntric
9th January 2012, 03:05 PM
I guess i can use that subject line.
Hello, I come from a history lowerd sports cars and noisy exhausts and then in 2004 bought a new X-trail which was my attempt at conquering something, not sure what but had plenty of fun with the X-trail but always looked up to the Big Brother patrol. Then the Kids came along and i was down to a little Hyundai getz for me and and a Elantra for the Finance minister.... only in October 2011 i had enough of the little car.

Now i drive a 98 GU 2.8TD ST. i been reading up on smokey deisel as all my sports cars were petrol the only time i had smoke was when i had it tuned wrong.........I came accross the thread on EGR blocking and snorkel fitment which made me think of signing up.

well look forward to getting some good advise from the members....

thanks,

Clunk
9th January 2012, 03:08 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, you get loads of info and advice on here mate........... and if you can't find it, just ask and someone will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction

AB
9th January 2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Sir Roofy
9th January 2012, 03:28 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

growler2058
9th January 2012, 03:35 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice.

Dhuck
9th January 2012, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
9th January 2012, 03:50 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

wildgu6
9th January 2012, 05:54 PM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Best wishes for 2012 mate. Hope you have a ripper.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Maxhead
10th January 2012, 06:19 AM
G'Day Xntric, welcome to the forum mate

patch697
10th January 2012, 08:43 AM
Welcome aboard mate.

Rip'n'Shred
10th January 2012, 11:14 AM
Hi and welcome

Nothing like kids to wreck your fun hey!!!! I have 2 littlies.

I imagine a few things will seem like strange concepts for a while till you adjust, ie lifting instead of lowering, low down power instead of top end scream, etc LOL....... I've been there before!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy :)

Bogus
11th January 2012, 10:07 AM
G'Day Xntric, Welcome to the forum

Wizard52
11th January 2012, 10:28 PM
When I saw "cruise", I thought you meant Land....... and had come across from the dark side. Xtrails aren't much better than those other toys but now welcome to the real 4X4 world. Plenty of good info here.

Xntric
11th January 2012, 10:57 PM
Haha I guess it can be read that way......na my cruising was in lowered sports cars with doof doof in the back...... You know was thinking of ripping out the back seats to put a few 12" sub.. But the kids won and got booster seats instead......

No more cruising only patrolling....