PDA

View Full Version : Dobinson 3" lift kits

Andy185
7th January 2012, 07:30 AM
i am looking at fitting a 3" lift into my 95 RX GQ and would like to know of any problems that other members may have experienced with the 3" lift and if there are any further mod's required other than springs, shocks, steering damper, caster correction bushes. Do i require to put extended brake lines on as well and install a different bracket on the brake loading sensor.

growler2058
7th January 2012, 07:57 AM
Mines 4" dobinson coils n shocks had no issues with them. You should get extended brake lines, you can take the rear and put on the front to save a few bucks too. And yup I would be also getting an extended bracket for the brake proportioning valve also

patch697
7th January 2012, 09:56 AM
Yes to all your questions, I would also be looking at adjustable pan hard rids as well but these can be done at a later date.

The brake lines & brake proportioning valve bracket are a must though.

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2012, 12:26 PM
I highly recommend going 3" drop boxes over caster correction every day of the week. Magic! and you keep you Nisan Rubber bushes which are way way better than any correction bushes you might find.

Go the non cut ones that just bolt up. WINNER!!

Andy185
8th January 2012, 07:20 PM
Thankyou to all whom have replied. i am going to head up to Rockhampton and have them fit the Dobbie suspension after a little more investigation as to what is included in there price of $1467.00 fitted. Unless one of you have had your fit out done by Dobbie themselves. Thankyou agian Cheers.

satyx
13th January 2012, 10:55 PM
Andy, Please post up the results and your feedback if you get work done. Im local in Rocky and dobos are very popular here. Have never had any work by them done personaly, but have driven 4x4s after they have fitted gear. Seems to be very good stuff and they certainly know what they are talking about too.

menis
13th January 2012, 11:05 PM
Ive had 3" ultra flexi lift for bout 8 months, all good no dramas! Offers a very comfy ride but it is a very soft setup! (not ideal for heavy towing ect) And yeah as mudrunner said go drop boxes, If i knew what i knew now i would have got em!
Panhards are a good idea too, I find it pretty noticable the diff sittin off to one side!

Great flex!!!!