PDA

View Full Version : D-gas not working?

DeeceGU
2nd January 2012, 11:12 PM
Hey all, I have a 98 gu with a d-gas system installed. I've recently noticed it seems to have stopped working as the gauge isn't moving. It's also noticeable in performance and economy. Anyone had this problem or know where I can start?

Silver
2nd January 2012, 11:40 PM
had old school LPG, but no experience of Dgas - does look impressive from what I have read.

Would you mind scooting over to the Introductions area putting in a minimal, or long, intro? It's one of the things that the volunteers that run this forum ask, and I think it makes it the kind of place it is.

I did notice with the old style LPG, to address safety concerns, there were multiple systems whos job it was to turn off supply if something went wrong.

I'd be tracing along the gas hoses looking for solenoids - electrically operated taps, and make sure they are all working as expected - hopefully it is something as simple as a loose connection.

All the best with it - and doubtless someone more knowledgeable will come along.

DeeceGU
3rd January 2012, 10:36 AM
Sorry mate, first time using the site. Not sure what I'm doing yet! Thanks for your help, I have checked connections but unfortunately with so much after market shit under the hood, it's difficult to trace anything properly. My guess is that it's probably an electrical fault, but can't find any info on the workings of it all. Would love to get my hands on a schematic or something.