PDA

View Full Version : G'day

rmoore
1st January 2012, 04:09 PM
It's Rick, here.

Had a 4.5 L GU for 13 years; it was a good bus, but it did too many bush miles & got a bit tired.

So now I'm driving a 4.8 L. She has a 2 " lift, twin wheel carriers, roof rack, 145 L long range fuel tank, Lightforce Genesis HID spotties, cargo barrier, drawers, etc etc. She's a bit thirsty but cheaper to own than a diesel. Plus, not so keen on the 3L engine; unfortunately the 4.2's are a bit long in the tooth now.

I tow a 1.4 t supply trailer when needed.

I love the aridlands and work part time as a tour guide in both vehicles & boats.

Cheers

Dhuck
1st January 2012, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Where do you do the tour guide stuff?

Sir Roofy
1st January 2012, 04:12 PM
welcome aboard mate you might have some interesting tales then
enjoy your stay

Silver
1st January 2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome, Rick, from Rick :-)

growler2058
1st January 2012, 05:44 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard aint no such thing as a long in the tooth td42 is there?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

rmoore
1st January 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome, blokes.

I only found this site today - have been over at Patrol 4 x4. Had a 5 year visit to ExplorOz but that has lost its shine and many of the true characters & original visitors have long gone. I departed there about 9 months ago.

For many years I have been touring the aridlands as my interests are primarily in History & Geography. My special area is, I guess, the exploration and pastoral history of SA & the NT.

I've been working as a tour guide/driver in the western deserts (Sandy, Great Sandy, Gibson, Great Victoria, Tanami) for a few weeks each of the last 4 or 5 years with Diamantina Tours. Great fun, outstanding tucker and with a top operator. Given the last two years of exceptional rainfall driving flood waters in the Georgina/Diamantina/Cooper basins, I have been skippering a tinny with Rex Ellis' Bush Safari Co. A privilege, hard work and int the company of a great bushie.

I also run a few tours of my own - see http://therealoutback.weebly.com/

Had a heap of different 4wd's of my own + work (farm) 4wd vehicles. Standouts have been a Suzuki LJ 80, into which I dropped a Corolla motor; LR series 11A ex police station wagon; & of course my two GU patrols in the last 15 years.

Cheers

Rick

DX grunt
1st January 2012, 07:04 PM
G'day Rick

Welcome aboard and great to have you here. Thanks for your resume. lol Fantastic.

I love my 2005, 4.2 TDI,

Take care out there.

Rossco

rmoore
1st January 2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks, bro Rick

NissanGQ4.2
1st January 2012, 07:59 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Rick

Great bunch of members here always willing 2 help out where they can and always willing 2 listen when you need 2 ask a question or want 2 voice your opinion :)

Feel free 2 start up a thread in the vendor section and post up info on your own tours there.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Woof
1st January 2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Rick, enjoy mate

rmoore
1st January 2012, 08:50 PM
Hey Todd, that's really nice of you.
Thanks.
Rick.

AB
1st January 2012, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the forum Rick, good to have you on board.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

NissanGQ4.2
1st January 2012, 09:33 PM
Hey Todd, that's really nice of you.
Thanks.
Rick.
No worries Rick, I will add you 2 the vendors map as well in a few days time........

Cheers

Todd

patch697
1st January 2012, 10:25 PM
welcome aboard Rick & may I say what an outstanding read mate.

As Todd already advised feel free to start a thread in our vendors section & to also join in on the convos going on around the place & above all just enjoy yourself mate.

Cheers
Paul

Clunk
2nd January 2012, 02:08 AM
g'day Rick and welcome on board mate

gerard2
2nd January 2012, 05:06 AM
welcome rick good new year whit a lots off fun

rmoore
2nd January 2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome, all.

Off down to the South East of SA for about a week (Robe). Our son is already down there in the 4.8. So it's heaps of beach & sand driving, fishing & beers for a while. Bugger (not).

Rick

wildgu6
2nd January 2012, 11:08 AM
G'day Buddy, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Oversize
2nd January 2012, 12:38 PM
G'day Rick, welcome aboard. Sounds like you know your way around the red sand, looking forward to catching up sometime, as I spent two decades in the NT (where I learned how to 4WD off road chasing buf and pig). Cheers

Maxhead
6th January 2012, 07:46 PM
G'Day Rick, welcome to the forum mate