PDA

View Full Version : Fridge slide

DX grunt
1st January 2012, 08:54 AM
Has anybody in their travels seen a fridge slide that slides in/out sideways - not end to end?

I have found a fridge slide that will hold my 95lt Evakool fridge/freezer, but it goes end-end.

I'd like to permanently mount my fridge in the pod of my truck. It's too heavy to lift in/out all the time.

I'm currently removing both baskets, moving it, then putting the baskets back in. Problem is that it takes ages to cool back down, because it's big.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take care out there.

Rossco

gec
1st January 2012, 10:43 AM
Gday Ross, I posted a link of a sideways fridge slide on the WPC forum, as I said there I dont know the size of the Evacool but surely it cant be too much bigger than an 80 ltr Engel, any way I will post the link up here too in case others are interested also.

http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/cgi-bin/product.cgi?item_id=560xslide&item_string=&category=Fridge%20Accessories&sub_category=Fridge%20Slide

DX grunt
1st January 2012, 10:59 AM
Gday Ross, I posted a link of a sideways fridge slide on the WPC forum, as I said there I dont know the size of the Evacool but surely it cant be too much bigger than an 80 ltr Engel, any way I will post the link up here too in case others are interested also.

http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/cgi-bin/product.cgi?item_id=560xslide&item_string=&category=Fridge%20Accessories&sub_category=Fridge%20Slide

Thanks, Glen.

I'll PM them. Mine's a 95lt one and the biggest they make is for an 80lt. Pretty expensive!! Didn't realize they were that dear.

gec
1st January 2012, 11:21 AM
Just looked up the dimensions for an Evacool and it will fit the Engel slide, the others I found where all smaller dimensions, I have heard Black Widow make a sideways slide but couldnt find one to show, may be worth giving them an email to ask.

Dhuck
1st January 2012, 04:17 PM
There are a couple of manufacturers in Vic and SA but can't remember the names of the companies. Maybe the boys/girls from down that way could shed some light on them.

Sir Roofy
1st January 2012, 04:22 PM
has anybody in their travels seen a fridge slide that slides in/out sideways - not end to end?

I have found a fridge slide that will hold my 95lt evakool fridge/freezer, but it goes end-end.

I'd like to permanently mount my fridge in the pod of my truck. It's too heavy to lift in/out all the time.

I'm currently removing both baskets, moving it, then putting the baskets back in. Problem is that it takes ages to cool back down, because it's big.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take care out there.

Rossco

ive got a waeco slide that comes out side ways it held my 110l fridge its in excellent condition
will post a pick if your interested only trouble we got is how to get it to you

DX grunt
1st January 2012, 07:00 PM
ive got a waeco slide that comes out side ways it held my 110l fridge its in excellent condition

Pic would be excellent. I use photobucket.

Take a pic or 5 of the slide, download them onto your computer, import them onto photobucket, reduce it to 640x480, copy and paste.

I think that's how I do it - from memory.

Thanks.

Rossco

Sir Roofy
1st January 2012, 08:46 PM

hope this is what your looking for

DX grunt
1st January 2012, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the pics. By your post (above), do I understand it's for sale, or have I misinterpreted ??

If it is for sale, please pm me a price. Thanks.

Rossco

the evil twin
1st January 2012, 09:05 PM
That looks awful like the one I was telling you about on the W.P.C. site Ross...

As best I can determine Waeco don't have them anymore and as I said over there if you can't get a second hand one at the right price then simply buy the slides and take them and your fridge to a metally.

He will bend up a base in an eye blink custom to your fridge and probably fit the slides so all you need to do is screw it down to the Grunt Truck.

The other big advantage is you can buy the slides to the length you want as well if you need the slide to come out more or less than factory.

DX grunt
1st January 2012, 09:12 PM
Looking at your fridge slide Roofy, I think it slides the opposite to what I want.

I need a slide that brings the fridge out sideways, so I can just open the lid.

Hopefully the attached pics will help?

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/ExtraMoreDXgrunt016-1.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/Evakoolfridge001.jpg

See what I mean? I just need to be able to pull the fridge out from basically where it’s sitting, as shown in the pics.

Rossco

gec
1st January 2012, 10:40 PM
Nah that looks like a sideways slide Rosco, just get the measurements to make sure your fridge will fit in it.

the evil twin
1st January 2012, 11:20 PM
Yep that is def a "side slide" Ross...

Try turning your PC monitor on its side if the pics are confusing :tease:

Sir Roofy
2nd January 2012, 06:56 AM
Looking at your fridge slide Roofy, I think it slides the opposite to what I want.

I need a slide that brings the fridge out sideways, so I can just open the lid.

Hopefully the attached pics will help?

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/ExtraMoreDXgrunt016-1.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/Evakoolfridge001.jpg

See what I mean? I just need to be able to pull the fridge out from basically where it’s sitting, as shown in the pics.

Rossco

it will allow your fridge to come out side like you want

Sir Roofy
2nd January 2012, 07:31 AM

closed its 70x95

openedout its70x137 comes out a long way

where the fridge sits on base
89x54

DX grunt
2nd January 2012, 08:33 AM

closed its 70x95

openedout its70x137 comes out a long way

where the fridge sits on base
89x54

Oh, now I get it. Doh.

So back to my original question, is it for sale, or were you just showing it to me>

Thanks.

Rossco

AB
2nd January 2012, 08:38 AM
Oh, now I get it. Doh.

So back to my original question, is it for sale, or were you just showing it to me>

Thanks.

Rossco

I think It's just a tease Rossco...LMAO

Sir Roofy
2nd January 2012, 10:39 AM
its for SALE mate getting it to you is another matter