PDA

View Full Version : Old man emu vs others

gu radelaide
30th December 2011, 07:28 PM
Was wondering what people thought of ARB s old man emu suspension? i got quoted over 2 grand 4 a set fitted today, it seems a bit over priced to me compared to other set ups. is it worth the extra coin or is there better out there. im only wanting a 2 inch lift.

gec
30th December 2011, 08:02 PM
Mate go somewhere else, they are ripping you off, my young bloke had OME springs and shocks fitted and it cost $1570 with standard nitro chargers instead of the sport, which is a difference of $18 a shock, and that was fitted by an ARB rep in Geraldton.

The day it got fitted.

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k452/BeniMan_08/007-3.jpg

gec
30th December 2011, 08:35 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention, I love it, the reason my son fitted it to his truck is Ive had it on mine for over seven years, the set on it now has been on for over three years and if I fit new springs and shocks I would probably fit them again.

Woof
30th December 2011, 08:42 PM
I put them on my old 2007 GU, bloody great

Clunk
30th December 2011, 08:45 PM
I got my set second hand and am pretty damn pleased with them, me and a mate fitted them in a couple of hours................ as GEC said, 2k is a bit steep mate.

growler2058
30th December 2011, 08:51 PM
Way too much mate I got a full 4"lift with ext absolutely everything from arms to brake lines for 3k had to fit meself tho

gu radelaide
30th December 2011, 09:47 PM
sorry forgot to say that included castor bushes , sway bar bracket and steering dampner and sports shocks does that sound better

Clunk
30th December 2011, 10:05 PM
sorry forgot to say that included castor bushes , sway bar bracket and steering dampner and sports shocks does that sound better

sounds about right in that case then

Silver
30th December 2011, 11:02 PM
I have been really happy with the OME = ARB that came with Silver. I haven't had another brand under Silver, so can't speak from experience of comparison. Some we know like Dobinson and others EFS, a mate on a budget was happy with Ironman, and his 'Q seemed to ride ok to me. Horses for courses?

gec
30th December 2011, 11:28 PM

Not really, with a two inch you shouldn't need caster bushes or sway bar bracket and the price I quoted included an OME steering damper, and as I said the Nitrocharger Sport is only $18 dollars per shock more.

Leighw85
1st January 2012, 04:53 AM
My Pat came with Old Man Emu's on it.
Is there any way to see how much lift my car has had with the new suspension?
im sure its higher than a standard Patrol. But am not 100% sure

gec
1st January 2012, 11:49 AM
My Pat came with Old Man Emu's on it.
Is there any way to see how much lift my car has had with the new suspension?
im sure its higher than a standard Patrol. But am not 100% sure

The OME standard suspension comes with approximately a 50mm lift over factory, Cheers.

gu radelaide
1st January 2012, 04:09 PM
cheers 4 the input am definetly gonna get other prices will look at EFS, RAW, dobinsons, and rancho shocks.

rmoore
2nd January 2012, 04:55 PM
Was wondering what people thought of ARB s old man emu suspension? i got quoted over 2 grand 4 a set fitted today, it seems a bit over priced to me compared to other set ups. is it worth the extra coin or is there better out there. im only wanting a 2 inch lift.

Try Ride Pro. They have a range of specs. I am on my second set of RidePro Rox shocks with original set of Ride Pro H/D springs. (Previously using TJM). When I buggered a Ride Pro shock near the bottom leg of the CSR they flew a free replacement, freight free, to Wiluna. The shock was right on their kilometre guarantee limit, but no hesitation from them. It was there when I arrived, having rung a mere two days earlier!

Reason I bought them was value for money + recommendation of Alltrac in Mile End.

Cheers

Rick

BearGUST
2nd January 2012, 06:59 PM
I've fitted OME suspension to my GU (springs, shocks, steering stab, castor correction) - couldn't be happier with it.
Great ride, carries weight well, really happy with the flex.