PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for New Years?

Winnie
30th December 2011, 08:55 AM
My mate's parents gave us free roam of their house in Loch Sport right on the lake. My dad is letting me take his boat, gonna be a sweet time! If I don't end up in the ER like last year it will be a success.

What are you doing?

wildgu6
30th December 2011, 09:01 AM
Friends just moved in down the bay (Glenelg) with marina views, about 500 mtrs from were the fireworks go off, weathers gunna be 39 new years eve so thats where we are heading, Yeeeaaaahhaaa
Drunk responsibly and have a ripper new year Chris.

growler2058
30th December 2011, 09:11 AM
Sittin at home in me jocks with the a/c flat out:-)

AB
30th December 2011, 09:27 AM
Going to be a scorching hot day down here. Swimming in the ocean followed by beer, seafood and sitting in my jocks with the sprinkler on...lmao

DX grunt
30th December 2011, 09:33 AM
Our secluded beach holiday camping area slowly became inundated with drunken people and uncontrolled dogs and doof doof music until 2-3am, so we decided to come home early.

I guess we'll spend a quiet night at home or go to the nearby rellies, but being over 50, I just might not make midnight. lol

At my age, there are more important things in life - like 8 hours of uninterupted sleep. My body clock automatically wakes me up about 4-4:30am every morning, anyway.

If you have a skin full of wallop and finish in the early or late hours of NY Day, I'd strongly suggest you don't drive New Year's Day. You may still have residual alcohol in your system. Many people I know get breath tested New Year's day.

Take care out there and Happy New Year.

Rossco

Winnie
30th December 2011, 09:56 AM
If you have a skin full of wallop and finish in the early or late hours of NY Day, I'd strongly suggest you don't drive New Year's Day. You may still have residual alcohol in your system. Many people I know get breath tested New Year's day.

Police will be everywhere New Year's day. I've been breath tested twice in the last two days, so they're really cracking down, always happens this time of year. I definitely won't be touching my car until Monday. Being on P plates and 0.00 BAC, you have to be certain.

wildgu6
30th December 2011, 10:03 AM
Police will be everywhere New Year's day. I've been breath tested twice in the last two days, so they're really cracking down, always happens this time of year. I definitely won't be touching my car until Monday. Being on P plates and 0.00 BAC, you have to be certain.

That goes for the boat too Chris, not sure about the lakes but I know the rivers are heavily policed at the mo, take care stay safe

Winnie
30th December 2011, 10:12 AM
We've got a designated boat operator :P

patch697
30th December 2011, 10:23 AM
Not much my end, I have to travel the next day so I;m leaving my partying until I get to my destination.

Then all your gunna read about is how that Patch is a real naughty bugger................hahahahahahahahah

Silver
30th December 2011, 11:53 AM
we are going for an easy drive through some scenic country during part of the day, then off to the neighbours shindig where among other things we will play his pretend arcade game made from a reasably up to date PC and a flat screen TV - all put into a custom case he made - takes me straight back to the late 70s and early 80s :-)