PDA

View Full Version : New Member GQ td 42 problems.

Jason Kozak
27th December 2011, 10:18 PM
Gday all,

Just joined the site, hope to speak to as many of you as possible and share any info i can.
Being an owner o f GQ 96 since 2004 i have had no problems with the car untill today.
No fuel at the injectors.
Power to the fuel solenoid .
plenty of fuel in the pump.
If any of you know if i have to remove the top of the fuel pump to change the solenoid would be great,
as my gregorys manual dosnt tell me.
Cheers

Silver
27th December 2011, 11:36 PM
Welcome, Jason, I know nuffink about them oilburners, but someone who does will be along. It's great you posted an intro thread - really appreciated on this site. Can I suggest you put another thread with your problem under the General Mechanical or Engine headings as not all read the intros.

Bigrig
28th December 2011, 03:26 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

As Silver suggested mate, no doubt one of the more mechanically minded will be able to assist over their morning coffee - hope you get it sorted ASAP.

Enjoy!

Oversize
28th December 2011, 04:30 AM
G'day Jason, this is definitely the place to find an answer to your fuel problem, and any others that may arise. I'm still new and have learned heaps already.

Dhuck
28th December 2011, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
28th December 2011, 07:13 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice.

wildgu6
28th December 2011, 08:53 AM
G'day Jase,
welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

patch697
28th December 2011, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard mate.

If its the fuel shut off solenoid your wanting to change you shouldn't need to remove the pump. Its located in the timing block (where the injector lines come off the pump)(follow the wire & you'll find it)

They are none for causing the very problem your having with yours & its the first thing to be checking before moving on to anything else.

Maxhead
28th December 2011, 12:44 PM
G'Day Jason, welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
28th December 2011, 05:20 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard