PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 07 Patrol purchase

Luke42
27th December 2011, 05:23 PM
Hi folks, I'm new to patrols and the forum. I"ve put 225k on an Xtrail and couldn't beat it to death with a stick but the 3 kids are getting bigger and our dirt roads at home kill lesser vehicles, so it's time for some big iron.

Any problems cropping up on 07 era patrols, specifically 3.0diesel ST? the engine seems to be pretty good now from the posts I've read. Have people had to get warranty work done before it runs out?

This sounds like a very friendly community. Christmas cheers to all.

the evil twin
27th December 2011, 06:48 PM
Is it a CRD? There isn't many issues with the Di's either but enginewise the CRDs are quite well sorted.

Mine is an '07 CRD ST and a very nice drive. Whilst it has been thru Alternators, A/C compressors, 2 Serpy Belt Tensioners and 2 clutchs the engine just keeps ticking along.

The ancillary gear these days (Alt's etc) just don't seem to hack it like the good old days :smile:

patch697
27th December 2011, 09:14 PM
You want Tuff? You want big iron?...... Buy a "Q"

hahahahahaha

Guido
27th December 2011, 09:24 PM
Both my sons have 'Q's - 1 just over 300k km - the other getting closer to 370. Strong buses - but I'll take the '07 CRD anyday.
Cheers
Guido

GRA.GU
28th December 2011, 04:08 PM
Welcome Luke. I've got an 07 DX CRD wagon. Used the extended warranty to have injectors replaced [possibly crook fuel?], and dash [look for little blisters - a common, but not major, problem]. Those things apart it's been trouble free and pleasant.
Graeme.

teleman
28th December 2011, 04:27 PM
Go for it mate. for an 07, you should be able to find one with less then 100,000 on the clock. If your goin to tow, then get the manual. Cant go wrong man.