PDA

View Full Version : Merry X-Mas!

Xing
27th December 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi there!

Im from germany and came to australia 6 weeks ago. I bought a '88 Patrol GQ but it doesnt have a manual =(

Hopefully im going to stay in australia for atleast 2 years (would be wonderfull if i find a job so i could stay longer ;) )

I have a few questions: the patrol has a stabilizer, what is that? and it has a red button right above the stabilizer, no discribtion at all....

hope you had some nice christmasdays ;)

greetings sascha

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2011, 11:54 AM
Welcome 2 the forum Sascha

Great bunch of people here from all walks of life always willing 2 help out where they can.

This is a quote from Tony ( Ynot ) from another thread:

"Sway bars ( Stabilizer bar ) are used to reduce body roll and increase stabillity on road, especially important as speed rises. The downside is swaybars also reduce axle articulation off road which is why Nissan fitted the swaybar disconnect. Disconnecting it on bumpy roads has no real benefit, use it for serious 4WDing.

Tony"

Not sure about the red button, any chance of a picture of it?

Cheers Todd.

P.S: Merry Xmas 2 you 2

growler2058
27th December 2011, 12:03 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

Xing
27th December 2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the reply!!

heres a picture from the red button...

hope someone knows for what that mysterious button is for...

growler2058
27th December 2011, 12:33 PM
There's a handle underneath that when pulled will disconnect your rear sway bar and the light will come on to indicate this, then go out when the handle is pushed back in. As long as the bulb works that is

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2011, 12:55 PM
There's a handle underneath that when pulled will disconnect your rear sway bar and the light will come on to indicate this, then go out when the handle is pushed back in. As long as the bulb works that is

Agree with growlers71gq on the light, not that my GQ has the light.

wildgu6
27th December 2011, 04:32 PM
G'day Sachsa, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Hope you find the answers your after, Have a safe christmas mate.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Woof
27th December 2011, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum and Australia Sascha, enjoy both mate.
Where are you located?
From the manual
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/img034.jpg

Sir Roofy
27th December 2011, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the nut house mate

welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

Dhuck
27th December 2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
27th December 2011, 09:55 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Enjoy!

Oversize
28th December 2011, 04:47 AM
G'day Sascha, Welcome to Australia and you have chosen the best way to see it, from the drivers seat of a Patrol. As you will have learned already, most Ozzy have a sense of humour button, like your red one. Enjoy the company.

Maxhead
28th December 2011, 12:43 PM
G'Day Sascha, welcome to the forum mate

Xing
28th December 2011, 05:06 PM
That's the ejector seat button. They're compulsory in Australia. :)

We were thinking abaout that already :D :P ;)

Today i arrived in sydney to celebrate NYE, im staying with my friends here until the 4th of January. After that we are going up the East Coast. Hoping to find some jobs for 3 people... farmwork would be nice :P

Well i know now what the stabilizer is, but the red button...o_O
And i have to go to a garage because after about 300km i have to fill up the radiatorwater (the water for the cooling). I was told that the !?cylinder head gasket?! is broken... or doesnt keep the water out of the engine... so i have to get it fixed in sydney... does someone know how high the costs will be?

Clunk
28th December 2011, 05:17 PM
g'day Sascha and welcome aboard mate

Xing
1st January 2012, 12:10 PM
Happy New Year =)

timbar
18th January 2012, 11:02 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Xing
28th March 2012, 03:51 PM
hi...

unfortunately the patrol broke down on monday... transmission broken and we have to pay 3000$ to get it repaired... thats to much, so we trade the car for a wagon -.- so im no nissan patrol driver anymore.... DAMN

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry 2 hear that the transmission went, any plans on getting another patrol in the future?

Even though you a patrol less now, feel free to jump on and say hello

AB
28th March 2012, 08:19 PM
Shame mate, sorry to hear about that!!!

Xing
29th March 2012, 04:18 PM
oh yes in future it'll defenitly be a patrol again! fall in love with the car! but first_ earn some money with my work n' holiday visa and than, a new patrol =)

Finly Owner
30th March 2012, 10:22 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim