PDA

View Full Version : Best present ever

belzi82
26th December 2011, 08:18 PM
Personally my Christmas was probably the worst I have ever had, but for one of my good friends it is the best ever.

Her boyfriend has been quite sick for a while with genetic kidney failure and it was unsure if he would make it to the new year.

At 4pm today they got the call and he is currently undergoing the 8 hour transplant, so things are starting to look up!

Sadly however a family had to lose a loved one so close to Christmas and I would like to express by condolences to them as well as a HUGE Thank-you

NissanGQ4.2
26th December 2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry 2 hear ur Xmas hasn't been so good, Chin up Belinda

Good news about your friends boyfriend, yeh it is sad another family lost a loved one, but at least there loved one was not a selfish person and was a donor :)

growler2058
26th December 2011, 08:25 PM
Organ donor on your license and or will is the last gift anyone can give! Glad your mate got a second chance Belz!

Sir Roofy
26th December 2011, 08:28 PM
glad to hear belzi hope it turns out well for them
SORRY TO HEAR CHRISSY DAY WAS A BUMMER

WE HAD A GREAT DAY

pearcey
26th December 2011, 08:45 PM
I feel your pain mate as I experienced a similar situation a few months back. I lost a very close friend of over 40 years but a near miracle saved my wife`s life. It`s very sad .especially at this time of year,but as time passes you can look back and reflect on all those good times.Please accept my sincerest condolences for your loss.

Woof
26th December 2011, 09:00 PM
I know that it is a very sad moment when a family loses a loved one Bel but they should be proud that he/she has given life to another...................does not make it any easier to accept but they have to think of the positives at this time..
I lost my wife 8 years ago to cancer and even a bone marrow transplant could not save her, I encourage all of our member to become a bone marrow donor and a full donor to help save someone's life

Silver
26th December 2011, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear you have had a tough Christmas Bel. Must be hard to work in a caring profession when your own tank is a bit empty.

All the best to your friend, and as you said, a huge thank you to the donor and family.

the ferret
27th December 2011, 12:46 AM
It can only get better from here on Belzi, I hope your friend makes a full recovery, he should as that is what the donor would have wanted, that's why they or their family say "yes"
It is a very generous and noble decision and not easy.
Thanks to the Donor and may God keep him /her warm beneath the fold of his wing for eternity..
Regards Rod.

Maxhead
27th December 2011, 09:33 AM
Glad to hear there was a good ending to your Chrissy Bel.
All the best to your friend and hope he makes a fast recovery
And for you...I know you'll be right

the ferret
27th December 2011, 10:58 AM
Here ya are Belzi.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/0022.jpg

Cheers, Rod.