PDA

View Full Version : GQ carpet and door pannels??

BennyRenny
23rd December 2011, 01:24 PM
where can you buy new carpet and door pannels for my GQ?

cheers
Ben

Clunk
23rd December 2011, 04:58 PM
I've seen them up on ebay mate, there's also a couple of vendors on here who may be able to help........... Nissbits and Patrolapart

gq4200
23rd December 2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.trufitcarpets.com.au/ is where I bought mine from ... maybe not all that useful since they're in Melbourne.

I have also purchased the Vinyl Flooring from them. They have a Black and Grey. The Black is slightly thinner but stronger than the Grey and very reasonably priced. (I bought the Black). You can ask for samples to be sent to your address to help you decide.

tinkerer
10th January 2012, 11:44 PM
Hi there,
Since you guys are talking about Door Panels, could someone tell me if there are any hidden clips/screws/funny fasteners when taking off the Door Panels. I have to fix the mountings for the bottom hinge in the door as the door has dropped and the panel seems to want to stay put.. Is this a common problem?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Stephen.

Ade
11th January 2012, 03:31 AM
Hi there,
Since you guys are talking about Door Panels, could someone tell me if there are any hidden clips/screws/funny fasteners when taking off the Door Panels. I have to fix the mountings for the bottom hinge in the door as the door has dropped and the panel seems to want to stay put.. Is this a common problem?

Regards,
Stephen.

Gday mate,

Few screws on the handle (depends on what type of panel you have) and plastic clips all around the panel. You just need to pry the panel off gently with your hand or a flat screw driver..

cokeholic
11th January 2012, 05:42 AM
There is a specail tool for this and only a few dollars from any brand car dealer (or supercheap ) ask for a window winder circlip remover its a double ended blade thing that slides under the clips so you can gently lever em out and not break em as ya normally do with a screwdriver and its only a few dollars

Bigrig
11th January 2012, 08:21 AM
Hi there,

Regards,
Stephen.

Depending on the door, there is a screw inside the bottom of the handgrip under a covering plug - undo that one to take the handgrip out and theres two screws behind it holding it in place. Remove them and the one on the opening handle/mechanism and the clips should come away easily by prying off one by one (even with your hands).

Just done this myself to fix the electric motor for the front passenger window - as said, this will depend on the model.

Good luck with it mate!!

tinkerer
16th January 2012, 11:49 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks to everyone for the help.. Job done, and not too hard to do either. I have to say, the old Patrol is fairly easy to work at, I would even say enjoyable...

Stephen..

ShuttleVan1
19th January 2012, 12:46 PM
very easy job (Door Panels) especially if the Troll is older, (or if it has had speakers replaced already, should come out easy

taslucas
25th January 2012, 12:21 PM
Hi mate, I just saw an add for Tru Fit so gave em a call, they do vinyl or plush pile carpet moulded sections for patrols. The vinyl is a bit thicker than standard: $220 includes front and rear section. The plush pile is around$180 (I think). $19 aus wide delivery. 1800335896. They also do that noise reduction stuff too.

tinkerer
30th January 2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys,
Just found the screw in the bottom of the handle.. After that, it was a doddle... I still have to try to fix the rear doors, as the windows wont work, (checked fuses etc..). The challenges go on..

Thanks again,
Tinkerer.

tamandco
31st January 2012, 11:04 AM
I've seen them up on ebay mate, there's also a couple of vendors on here who may be able to help........... Nissbits and Patrolapart

Yep! I go to Patrolapart for everything. They have a website and have several wrecks on the go, as well as a factory full of second hand parts. Excellent dudes!!!

tamandco
31st January 2012, 11:05 AM
I just flicked my window winder spring thing off with a small flat screw driver. Wish I'd known about the special tool!!! :-o

black-mav
1st February 2012, 07:58 PM
whats the special tool mate i just used a scewdriver on my old car, I have power ones now wish I didnt tho as I have problems with the drivers power window it has a mind of its own

rusty_nail
3rd February 2012, 12:13 PM
just bought brand new carpet (black) for my SWB for $130 + $25 postage off ebay. the seller did about 10 different colours.

here is the link to the seller:

autodownunder (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/autodownunder/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi mate, I just saw an add for Tru Fit so gave em a call, they do vinyl or plush pile carpet moulded sections for patrols. The vinyl is a bit thicker than standard: $220 includes front and rear section. The plush pile is around$180 (I think). $19 aus wide delivery. 1800335896. They also do that noise reduction stuff too.

G'Day,

I don't know how much that company do the sound deadener for but if you were going to have the carpet out anyway you may be able to buy spray or brush on sound deadener / wax mix from places like supercheap and then spray / brush your floor pan to reduce the noise and give it some moisture /rust protection possibly cheaper and more coverage then buying a ready made mat.

Just an idea.

Enjoy!

taslucas
18th February 2012, 12:26 PM
G'Day,

I don't know how much that company do the sound deadener for but if you were going to have the carpet out anyway you may be able to buy spray or brush on sound deadener / wax mix from places like supercheap and then spray / brush your floor pan to reduce the noise and give it some moisture /rust protection possibly cheaper and more coverage then buying a ready made mat.

Just an idea.

Enjoy!

I reckon your onto something there... especially with the rust protection side of things.

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 01:15 PM
I reckon your onto something there... especially with the rust protection side of things.

Yeah, I have to repaint my car as it was resprayed before I bought it and the clear coat on the bonnet is peeling and my driver's door funnily enough is just cracking and peeling in little tiny sections where my arm rests but I can't see any clear coat rubbing off.

My car is two tone blue over silver and I was quoted something like $400 - $600 for the paint and was wondering if I should just sand it back and go with one single standard colour from something like the 3m range that super cheap sell and I started to read about the 3m range of sound reducers that have wax in them or something and I thought I could spray it all inside my doors and on the floor pan as the 90 model is getting on in years and things rub and dirt and grit settle into place.

It was just a thought and I think I may give it a go and I can't see any downside apart from the cost, time, effort, smell and having to remove it if I don't like it for some reason! :-)

Seriously though it would be good to hear of anyone else who has actually applied the stuff to see what they think of it.

I also noticed that 3m also do an underbody sound deadener that would help reduce sound and rock chips that break the pain down there. Anything that was painted on mine would have been stock and done over 20 years ago so I thought I would give that a go as well.

thebeatjackson
19th February 2012, 09:04 PM
I'm making some door trim out of 4mm marine ply, the standard gq trims don't last too long once they see a little bit of moisture. this wat I can choose all the upholstery too, maybe try to make it look a bit nicer.

Dirtydog16
25th February 2012, 11:37 PM
whats the special tool mate i just used a scewdriver on my old car, I have power ones now wish I didnt tho as I have problems with the drivers power window it has a mind of its own

Mate,

You can also get special flat plastic things that have a v or a u cut into the end and you can slid it in behind things and it will push the circlip off. You can also use the same tool to lever the door card off on each of the plugs that hold it in place.