View Full Version : radiator

lenkeit1234
21st December 2011, 08:26 PM
I require a new radiator for the rig GU PATROL 4.5l PETROL automatic
could i have some advice aluminum or standard
cheers

AB
22nd December 2011, 06:46 AM
Hi mate, this thread below gives some more info on the aluminium ones...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6873-aluminium-radiator

lenkeit1234
22nd December 2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks AB would the coolant situation be the same for the 4.5l petrol

patch697
22nd December 2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks AB would the coolant situation be the same for the 4.5l petrol

A corrosion inhibitor should be used in all water cooled engines that incorporate both ferrous & Non ferrous materials in its cooling system

lenkeit1234
22nd December 2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks PATCH I like the explanation I understand the importance of coolant I was referring to the other post/thred
Where
YNOT SAID Interesting dilema, do you use the coolant Nissan recommend to protect their engines or the coolant the radiator manufacture recommends for their radiator? You should be safe to use either. If your engine is a TD42 I would probably use the GM coolant to protect your radiator warranty, TD42's are pretty tough. Your choice.

Tony

patch697
22nd December 2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks PATCH I like the explanation I understand the importance of coolant I was referring to the other post/thred
Where
YNOT SAID
Interesting dilema, do you use the coolant Nissan recommend to protect their engines or the coolant the radiator manufacture recommends for their radiator? You should be safe to use either. If your engine is a TD42 I would probably use the GM coolant to protect your radiator warranty, TD42's are pretty tough. Your choice.

Tony

I'd be asking the supplier if they are happy for you to run your choice of inhibitor as the only warranty to speak of here will be that of your new radiator & as long as you run an inhibitor your TD42 is not going to care who's name was on the bottle.

lenkeit1234
22nd December 2011, 12:51 PM
thanks again Patch