PDA

View Full Version : service question TD4.2t

gu radelaide
21st December 2011, 11:22 AM
gday servicing the new beast today and as i have never had a diesel what do i need 2 look at. i have oil 2 filters ( stupid how it has 2 different ones ) air and fuel filters. now the oil is simple and air but i need 2 bleed the fuel system after replacing the filter. what is the best way 2 bleed the fuel line. anything i have forgotten would be great
Thanks in advance

AB
21st December 2011, 12:30 PM
Hi mate, once you put the new filter in just undo the little white screw a few turns on the side and pump the top (plunger) many times.

You will hear air coming out of the screw thinggy and when fuel starts coming out, tighten it up and pump a few more times until you feel some resistance to the plunger...Job done.

gu radelaide
21st December 2011, 01:03 PM
thanks, now i wish i bought the 2 diff filters. i got 2 of the same. lucky i didnt drop the oil coz off to the shop i go

pearcey
21st December 2011, 08:54 PM
G`day GU.
the reason for the two different filters is that one has a non return valve which stops the oil from draining back so it at start up most parts are lubed instantly.

gu radelaide
22nd December 2011, 04:52 AM
cheers i got ryco z530 & z416 thats right? can never trust the books. On my gq tb4:2 the parts guy argued that it didnt have points the book says so.

Snafu
27th January 2012, 11:59 PM
The 2 oil filters on the TD42t and the ti version are full flow and bypass filter's. Now some engines run 2 of the same filters and some run 2 different filters. Both have anti drain back valve's in them. The Nissan oil filters don't have a very good anti drain back valve in them. Stick to good brands like Donaldson, Fleetguard and the like.

wildgu6
28th January 2012, 12:12 AM
This link might come in handy for maintaining the beast, countless hours put in from one of the best (YNOT)
Have a gander http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1587-What-to-keep-my-eye-on-Preventative-Maintenance