PDA

View Full Version : Lpg 4500

falcon
18th December 2011, 12:48 PM
Hi does anyone have this done , how's it for power and fuel savings and what type has performed best

create
22nd December 2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah mate. I have just sold my GQ. I installed a 4500 into the GQ on LPG. I had an Impco system first up on it and it was real bad. The engine couldn't rev and it felt very asthmatic. The fuel economy ranged from high 20's to 38L/100km when I towed my camper trailer. I had a snorkel and when a truck passed the other way on a highway the engine nearly stalled. Maybe it was setup wrong but I spent so much money trying to get a LPG mechanic to sort it. I then changed the LPG system over to an OMVL from an ex falcon taxi. WOW the difference was huge!!!! The fuel economy went down to low 20's around town and mid 20's towing the camper. It would rev out to the limiter and still wanted to go more. I found that I had to run about 20 degrees static advance to get the best out of it.

create
22nd December 2011, 12:36 PM
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k371/createtech/Patrol/photo1.jpg

falcon
23rd December 2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info was your system the injected one I had one on a challenger and it worked great ,so the falcon system was large enough to work on the 4500 , where did you get the system from

create
26th December 2011, 11:07 PM
I got the OMVL (R90/E) off ebay from a wrecker dismantling a taxi. It had more than enough flow for the 4.5L
Do a search for a tuning guide for OMVL. I found some really great tips from the ford forum guys.