PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 GUIV oil filters

buzz
14th December 2011, 05:15 PM
hey guys, i have an 11/04 built GU4 and am wondering if i have been using the right oil filters. i run 2 x fleetguard LF3314 or the equivalent of 2 x Ryco Z115. until today i thought there where only 2 set ups- the one that has 2 identical filters and the one with 2 different. i have discovered that there is 2 set ups that require 2 identical filters. the first being what i have stated above and the second is 2 x fleetguard LF3659 or 2 x Ryco Z503. so which filters should i be using in the Fleetguard or Ryco range? I am unsure how i came to be using the type i have been but now not sure if they are the right ones. the thread on them are all the same. any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie

MudRunnerTD
14th December 2011, 05:35 PM
there may be some different opinions on this mate,

At the end of the day if they screwed on then they would have been fine. some will argue that a Nissan OEM filter is unsurpassed and you should fit them. If you are changing oil every 5,000 and filters every 10 then i use Ryco and am happy they do a good job. I cant comment on the numbers to be honest without going to the shed but you said yourself the web says they are basically the same. Its all about the thread size, capacity and there may be some slight difference on how fine the filtration is. You should be fine with either i reckon...

buzz
14th December 2011, 05:43 PM
while the threads are the same i think one type is full flow and the other has a by pass valve, so this is where the uncertainty is.

growler2058
14th December 2011, 05:48 PM
Ive got a GQ 1990 td42 and use the ryco z115 and change every 10k or less