PDA

View Full Version : radiator question

rottodiver
14th December 2011, 11:46 AM
Hey guys,
A question for the guru,s....
while installing an aftermarket auto trans cooler i have noticed 2 holes in the fins of the engines radiator about 7 mm in diameter... looks like a stick may have done it... should this have any real effect on the cooling...
i am not 100 percent sure on how the fins work on a radiator..

Thanks scotty

growler2058
14th December 2011, 11:57 AM
I think the holes may be fixing points if they're e level. As long as the core isn't damaged ( the verticle bars) it should be oj

rottodiver
14th December 2011, 12:00 PM
No not fixing points...definately not meant to be there... no leaks just damaged fins!!!!

Ben-e-boy
14th December 2011, 12:22 PM
Hey guys,
A question for the guru,s....
while installing an aftermarket auto trans cooler i have noticed 2 holes in the fins of the engines radiator about 7 mm in diameter... looks like a stick may have done it... should this have any real effect on the cooling...
i am not 100 percent sure on how the fins work on a radiator..

Thanks scotty

The fin are what cools it. They are the heat sink. the small cross sectional area of the fin material allows it to absorb and dissipate heat quickly

Benny

patch697
14th December 2011, 04:50 PM
The fin are what cools it. They are the heat sink. the small cross sectional area of the fin material allows it to absorb and dissipate heat quickly

Benny

Benny is 100% correct here & if thats the only damage to your fins then it shouldn't even be noticeable temp wise but if you have other issues effecting the efficiency of your cooling system this damage may compound the problem.