PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

BusaKaine
11th December 2011, 09:02 PM
Hi All,

I joined earlier this year reading different posts and information and totally forgot to introduce myself.

A bit about me, I'm 32 ride a 2005 Hayabusa (hence the Username), I'm into Technical SCUBA, computers, planes and now 4WD's.

I'm a SharePoint Administrator and have worked off and on in IT for the past 15years, I have been in the Army (not in IT).

I live in Spring Hill with my Girlfriend Nicky and we love to travel O/S and SCUBA dive.

I bought a 2000 GUII 3.0 in May this year without knowing much about it and believing the salesman (never going to make that mistake again).

It had 172000 on the clock, got told it had a lot done to it and what not..

So after 3,400 km (While over on Moreton Island with 7 other Toyota's) a big white cloud of smoke and total loss of power. It was high tide and it took a Prado and Cruiser to tow me back to the barge and I spent the next 3 days as a passenger in a Cruiser.

I spent $12,300 on the rebuild and Mike Vine Turbo Engine Saver Kit.

List of mods:
33" Big Horns (I need new ones, looking at BFG)
3" Lift with Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell shocks
Extended Sway Bar
Genuine Nissan Snorkel
Electronic Rust Protection
Nissan GUIV Steel Winch Bar, Autolamps 175AW Bullbar LED
35w HID headlights
Dual batteries
7" In Dash TV/DVD/NAV
Kicker 6" Splits
Kicker AMP
Alpine 6.5" coaxial rears
Replaced all interior lights with LED (Damn bright at night)
It has a poor rear quater pannel chop and custom rear bar (Looking for a new one)
Rear Work Light (LED)
Safari DTronic
A Pillar Dual Pod with AutoMeter EGT Gauge and AutoMeter Boost Gauge
ECU Talk LCD Display V2

----------------------------------------

Mods still to do:
Rear Drawers
Rock Sliders (this will also help the missus get in and out)
Winch
Rear Bar
New wheels.
Lockers
Air Compressor

AB
11th December 2011, 09:10 PM
Cheers for the intro mate, shame about your problems!

Never a good feeling getting towed by a Toyota...lol

Feel free to ask any questions mate and hope the major problems are now behind you!

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome 2 the forum,

Great bunch here.

Must of hurt sitting in a Tojo for 3 days, I personally wouldn't of lowered myself, would rather of walked *L*

Enjoy the forum

Cheers

Todd

Bigrig
11th December 2011, 09:13 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

We are a pretty active bunch here in qld mate, so feel free to keep an eye on upcoming events in the forum meetups section, and of course you and yours are more than welcome to tag along - easy going, no pressure group, so would be great if you can come out and join us!

Enjoy!

Dhuck
11th December 2011, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
11th December 2011, 10:32 PM
welcome aboard mate nice intro
enjoy your stay

Woof
11th December 2011, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy

Finly Owner
11th December 2011, 11:32 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House, Nvr blame the Patrol, it's always the drivers fault, unlike a Tojo it's always the tojo that's the problem, a tojo driver can be saved if shown the light quick enough. Hahahahahahahahahahah!!!! Now I think you should go on some of the forum meet ups and hang with other patrols and learn how to let your Troll power loose! LOL!

Tim

Clunk
12th December 2011, 01:10 AM
g'dat mate and welcome aboard

growler2058
12th December 2011, 06:06 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

wildgu6
12th December 2011, 08:00 AM
G'day buddy, nice intro,
welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

BusaKaine
12th December 2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

The main problem I have is that everyone at work has Toymotas so this was one of the reason's I bought a Patrol, I needed something better :D
But of course in front of them all it did the typical 2+3 piston crack :/

Must of hurt sitting in a Tojo for 3 days, I personally wouldn't of lowered myself, would rather of walked *L*

Never a good feeling getting towed by a Toyota...lol

All good now, We get out on the beach when we can and I've been to Scenic Rim (before the engine problem) so I'm keen to get out to LCP.

Bigrig
12th December 2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

The main problem I have is that everyone at work has Toymotas so this was one of the reason's I bought a Patrol, I needed something better :D
But of course in front of them all it did the typical 2+3 piston crack :/

All good now, We get out on the beach when we can and I've been to Scenic Rim (before the engine problem) so I'm keen to get out to LCP.

Be great if you can make the Australia day weekend trip mate!!!

Maxhead
12th December 2011, 01:34 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

BusaKaine
12th December 2011, 09:16 PM
Be great if you can make the Australia day weekend trip mate!!!

Just checked with the Minister for War and Finance, she says we should be good so I'll check to see if I can get the Friday off work and make a nice long weekend of it :D

Bigrig
12th December 2011, 11:02 PM
Just checked with the Minister for War and Finance, she says we should be good so I'll check to see if I can get the Friday off work and make a nice long weekend of it :D

Awesome stuff mate!

patch697
13th December 2011, 01:14 AM
Welcome aboard mate & BTW......Smashing intro champ.... Cheers

nowoolies
13th December 2011, 09:37 AM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

BusaKaine
13th December 2011, 06:09 PM
A few more recent pics and no I was not stuck, I needed the rear lower so the missus could get in and out of the back.

And one of Fraser, off the barge and had to recover 2 other cars :D

timbar
14th December 2011, 02:08 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Elmar
14th December 2011, 11:17 PM
welcome to the forum !

BusaKaine
8th July 2012, 12:50 PM
So a follow on to this drama.

for the past 6 weeks the patrol has been back at the mechanic with cooling system issues (pressurising etc). The top tank of the radiator was warped, got that replaced (under warranty from the rebuild) and found it was excessively over pressurising issues now as the top tank was not leaking out.... So he pulled the head off and found the gasket was shot, so machined the head and put it back together...

Did about 150km on it and it was all fine....

Went to Fraser Island yesterday morning.... (another camping trip in the lead up to Moreton Island at the end of August - it's an annual thing).

I went upto Fraser Island this morning, left at 3am, bought my ticket and permits, was on the 6am barge..... Went to start the engine, it just turned over and over....

The engine light came on so I checked the fault code on my trusty old ECUTalk (best thing I have bought)...

got the following codes:
73 P3-Pump Comm
47 Crank PosSen

restarted, got off the barge and started heading a little way up the beach to see if it was going to keep playing up.... 20mins later....

73 P3-Pump Comm
47 Crank PosSen
77 P7-F/InjTF/B

I reset the fault, and a few mins later - same problem.

It kept stalling. Limped back to the Barge.... Got back over to Inskip, engine stopped on the sand... finally made it to Rainbow beach, spoke to a Mechanic, said that the 73 is common (though I have never seen it before). Took over 4.5 hours to get back Brissy as I found that if I went over 80km it would throw up an error.

So not I have to wait till Monday to send the Patrol back for yet another round of work....

I was so annoyed, I will never buy another ZD30.... so I just bought went and bought a 2003 4.2

Now I will sell the ZD30 when it's fixed, at least it has 3 years unlimited KM warranty on the engine.

I bought a 2000 GUII 3.0 in May this year without knowing much about it and believing the salesman (never going to make that mistake again).

It had 172000 on the clock, got told it had a lot done to it and what not..

So after 3,400 km (While over on Moreton Island with 7 other Toyota's) a big white cloud of smoke and total loss of power. It was high tide and it took a Prado and Cruiser to tow me back to the barge and I spent the next 3 days as a passenger in a Cruiser.

I spent $12,300 on the rebuild and Mike Vine Turbo Engine Saver Kit.

List of mods:
33" Big Horns (I need new ones, looking at BFG)
3" Lift with Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell shocks
Extended Sway Bar
Genuine Nissan Snorkel
Electronic Rust Protection
Nissan GUIV Steel Winch Bar, Autolamps 175AW Bullbar LED
35w HID headlights
Dual batteries
7" In Dash TV/DVD/NAV
Kicker 6" Splits
Kicker AMP
Alpine 6.5" coaxial rears
Replaced all interior lights with LED (Damn bright at night)
It has a poor rear quater pannel chop and custom rear bar (Looking for a new one)
Rear Work Light (LED)
Safari DTronic
A Pillar Dual Pod with AutoMeter EGT Gauge and AutoMeter Boost Gauge
ECU Talk LCD Display V2

----------------------------------------

Mods still to do:
Rear Drawers
Rock Sliders (this will also help the missus get in and out)
Winch
Rear Bar
New wheels.
Lockers
Air Compressor

timbar
9th July 2012, 06:15 AM
G'day - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have some fun ! plenty to do and see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

Stick Around this is an Awesome site ......... You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Marshallleo
10th July 2012, 04:59 PM
welcome to the forum you will surely find the info you need on here!

King_ady1
3rd October 2012, 12:06 PM
welcome mate. wow dude, that is a big unlucky run with that car. hopefuly the new one give u a bit better run for money.

2TROLLFAM
7th October 2012, 03:01 PM
Howdy !! If you're after info, laughs & just plain madness you've come to the right place :) this is an awesome forum, so make the most of it & ENJOY!!