PDA

View Full Version : Not happy jan!!!!!!

chester
10th December 2011, 09:06 AM
Some people really need to get a life.There's a place in Trafalgar(Roofy would know it!) called the Power ranch.
It is a place to have concert's,car/bike shows,B+S weekends,ute muster's and other such event's.
It also showcase's alot of up coming young Aussie talent on the country music scene and give's them chance to make something of themselves.
It is a well run place out of town with camping so there's no need to drink drive.They comply with all the regulations set by the Shire.
Now the problem is 2 people have made complaint's to the shire and want the venue shut down for good.
Now Brett the owner of this venue has to fork out money for a soliciter to fight for this to stay open,his not doing for the money he makes,because it's not much,he runs this venue for his enjoyment of country music and to give people somewhere to enjoy it at a fair price.
Hell even his closet neighbers have rang him to say that they are happy with them and to lend their support for the venue.
This really annoys me people feel they need to whinge about everything that involves people enjoying themselves or trying to make a living(the singer/bands).
They hold an event once a month so it's not like it's every weekend.
Some people need to get a life and worry about their backyards before sticking their nose's into others.
And to those 2 small minded,sooking,do gooding People(being nice famliy forum),get over yourselves what would you rather this happing in a well run family friendly envrioment or on the street in town.
Ok rant over :furious:
Sorry but this sort of thing really gets me worked up.

Bigrig
10th December 2011, 09:30 AM
Yep - don't we love listening to the minority voices in this country?!! It's ridiculous .. simple as that .. you won't please every person all of the time, but whatever happened to good old Aussie tolerance and compromise??

Tell Brett to simply organise a petition an get it signed by a couple of hundred people who attend, artists etc ... submit that to the shire council and see where that goes before forking out on solicitors and the like - let the people speak for him!!

Tell him good luck from us at the forum!!

Silver
10th December 2011, 09:43 AM
There has to be places for those kinds of activities, just like they open up Willowbank Drag Strip for amateur hour as a place to hoon legally.

There was a similar story up here re a family at Caboolture that has a pet pig on a 4000 sq metre block. Pig is much loved by all, believe it or not, shampood regularly etc, and comes in the house. Not my thing, but I can see where the family is coming from.

Someone, not a neighbour, complained to Council, which says yes, very sorry, but much loved pig has to go, because block is 10 times to small. For some technical reason the Council can't change the law - maybe its a State act. All the immediate neighbours, and the next ones along have signed a petition in support to no avail.

I wonder what caused those people to complain, Chester? Maybe noise? Even so, there has to be a little bit of give and take.

chester
10th December 2011, 09:59 AM
I remember seeing that on the new's about the pig,very rough.
Not sure why they complained silver he knows who they are but he won't name them,and the shire won,t give him a copy of the complaint.
I know it's not the first time they have done this,they objected when he first applyed for permits and permission to do it,and they lost.
They then tryed again and lost.
Fair chance it would be noise BUT it's once a month for christ sake,and it's not like it's playing till 3 in morning.

NissanGQ4.2
10th December 2011, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately there are just some people in the world that have nothing better 2 do than have a whinge.

People buy houses near a train track then whinge about the trains making 2 much noise
People buy houses near a airport than whinge about the airplanes making 2 much noise

Let me guess this event has being going on for years.

I bet someone has just moved in the area and is complaining about the noise

growler2058
10th December 2011, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately there are just some people in the world that have nothing better 2 do than have a whinge.

People buy houses near a train track then whinge about the trains making 2 much noise
People buy houses near a airport than whinge about the airplanes making 2 much noise

X2 my ol local had bands for years back even before i was a teenager one FU@#Wit moves into the area and cans the lot!

2TROLLFAM
10th December 2011, 11:34 AM

Wouldn't surprise me either - like the dopes who move to Ipswich and buy under a flight path, in a town know for the RAAF base & complain about the noise. Hope you mate wins the fight!!

04OFF
10th December 2011, 07:27 PM
I used to supply PA gear for a very well known performace car event held near some high rise buldings, during the action (cars making a lot of noise) everyone was out on their balconies enjoying the action for free.

During the nights action, i had background music playing, once the cars had all stopped running and the ground crowd was leaving, i left the music playing (same volume, easy listning top 40/radio type music) as i normally would to allow people to disperse, after about 5min ,one of the many Police officers on duty for the event (many Police had been there the whole event) came over and said, we have had about 7 complaints about the music in the last 5min all from the high rises across the rd.:confused:

The officer instructed me to turn the music down (i tuned it off) even he commented how everyone watched the cars and didnt complain even though they were much louder, but in less than 10 min my music peed em off to the point of calling the Police !

I also serviced a few events that had been running many years at well know locations, one year they construct houses nearby, and all of a sudden the events have to be shut down or heavily restricted.

Sir Roofy
10th December 2011, 07:46 PM
I know how hard this bloke has worked i think i know who it could be
chester you would know also probably tried to agist somehorses
if it doesnt go right trouble errups with complaints to the shire
has done for years,when the boot is on the other foot thow
comes knocking to see who dobed

NewDan
10th December 2011, 10:36 PM
Would be cool to see a petition delivered to the 2 wingers... a couple of hundred people asking them to shut up..lol.

AB
11th December 2011, 07:53 AM
I have been involved with these sorts of situations for years.

The people who complain about these things are always bored and lonely senior hippies with nothing better to do then cause trouble. It's their way to keep busy and feel in power...lol

Sir Roofy
11th December 2011, 08:02 AM

The people who complain about these things are always bored and lonely senior hippies with nothing better to do then cause trouble. It's their way to keep busy and feel in power...lol

have to agree with you there AB except for the SENIOR bit its all ages mate

chester
11th December 2011, 11:14 AM

The people who complain about these things are always bored and lonely senior hippies with nothing better to do then cause trouble. It's their way to keep busy and feel in power...lolNot all the time mate,the trouble we have down here is (sorry to all you city people) that people move down from the city and buy near place's like this and whinge and moan about thing's because "they" don't like it.They don't care that it's a good thing for country people to do and stay out of trouble.This may not be the case here im not sure what the problem is the owner won't say.
A very good example of this is there was a 4wd track that went along the old train line at Rokeby has been there since the line shut in the late 60's.
Hell that was the first track i ever did,use to take the kids along it on their pee wee 50.
A couple brought a "hobby"farm(thats what city folk call 1 acre LOL) and did'nt like the noise from the vehicle's and motorbikes,the complained that many time's to the shire that they put gate's up and closed it, now it's for walkers and horse riders.

chester
11th December 2011, 11:16 AM
I know how hard this bloke has worked i think i know who it could be
chester you would know also probably tried to agist somehorses
if it doesnt go right trouble errups with complaints to the shire
has done for years,when the boot is on the other foot thow
comes knocking to see who dobedI think i might ill send a pm

Finly Owner
12th December 2011, 12:10 AM
I agree with Big Rig, How is it that a minority win over the majority? What country did we adopt that from?

Tell this Fella to ask these(compailtiffs) to come down at the next event and a have a free feed and nights entertainment, see if that helps.

Tim

chester
21st December 2011, 09:58 PM
Ok well the council have gone and taken away a safe and family friendly place to enjoy country music,Yes they have closed the power ranch. Feel for the owners after all the hard work they put into it.They won't go down without a fight.
Don't want to have any fun come to the baw baw shire.

Clunk
21st December 2011, 10:13 PM
Ok well the council have gone and taken away a safe and family friendly place to enjoy country music,Yes they have closed the power ranch. Feel for the owners after all the hard work they put into it.They won't go down without a fight.
Don't want to have any fun come to the baw baw shire.

man that's just absolute Bo**ox mate!!!!!!........... sorry to hear that yet again the view of the extreme minority have spoilt it for the majority, when will these people stop!!!!!??????

Sir Roofy
21st December 2011, 10:16 PM
thats a shame mate ,i hope they win the next round,dont understand y there in the middle of the property

tusman
22nd December 2011, 11:26 PM
I know where your coming from mate, I have played in bands for years and the amount of venues I have seen closed down due to "Noise polution" is amazing.Like you said it's a well run supervised venue running b&s balls etc, If it closes down where are the youth gonna do what youth do. If it closes I woldn't be at all surprised the same people who complained about the venue will be complaining about people doing burnouts on the street, and they wonder why!!!