PDA

View Full Version : mk sits uneven

javas
9th December 2011, 11:06 PM
mk body doesn't sit level
g'day i have just purchased a 84 mk swb off my brother it has new 35" mickey thompson claws on 15 by 10 rims, rear locker, 2 inch body lift and 2 inch efs spring lift witch is shit, has snaped 2 springs and many u bolts. anyway it sits very uneven it leans to the right. the chassis is 15mm different from left to right and the body is 40mm different measured to under the indicator in the body wich is the lowest part of the body and should be the same on both sides. so i'm asking does anybody know what is wrong or what mistake i have made in measuring. thanks for any help

Clunk
10th December 2011, 12:57 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, sorry I'm not able to help mate but sure someone will be able to soon enough

Finly Owner
10th December 2011, 01:26 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House, thanks for the intro, throw a picture up with you original post so we can have a look. See what we can come up with.

Tim

growler2058
10th December 2011, 06:46 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard you'll find a friendly mob here full of great info and advice

wildgu6
10th December 2011, 07:26 AM
G'day buddy, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures.
Join in where ever you feel comfortable. Sorry can't help you this time around but sure someone will

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

BenGood
10th December 2011, 09:01 AM
Gday mate. I have a 1980 MQ and mine does exactly the same thing. It could just be the fact that its had the battery and the driver on the same side of the vehicle for the last 27 years. I'm no expert on this subject by any stretch of the imagination, but thats all I could put mine down to. I've tried replacing all the springs twice and had no luck. I think they are possibly just lopsided. I've noticed it in a lot of them. In the end, I just gave up trying with mine. You could try just getting your right hand side springs reset with an extra inch of lift but that would probably just make it handle like shit. If anyone asks the question when you're driving it around, just tell them its because you're an MQ driver, which means you are a really muscular brute of a man with a complete steel skeletal system and you are strong enough to bench press a small house, but with that super-power, comes a lot of weight and it forces your car to sit lower on the drivers side. My logic is sound, it will work!

2TROLLFAM
10th December 2011, 11:46 AM
Welcome Aboard!! Great bunch of people on this forum and helpful ..