PDA

View Full Version : EGR Block Loccation

philws
9th December 2011, 12:47 PM
G'day,

I have finally got the plate to block off the EGR but I want to confirm that I am looking at the right spot.
Also I have removed the three bolts in the photo but I can't seem to move the pipe with the flange on it at all, certainly not enough to put the plate in? should it move easily or is there something else i need to undo?

Cheers
Phil

AB
9th December 2011, 01:54 PM
Haven't done this myself mate, hopefully someone can sort you out soon!

Sir Roofy
9th December 2011, 01:59 PM
G'day,

I have finally got the plate to block off the EGR but I want to confirm that I am looking at the right spot.
Also I have removed the three bolts in the photo but I can't seem to move the pipe with the flange on it at all, certainly not enough to put the plate in? should it move easily or is there something else i need to undo?

Cheers
Phil

phil its on the other side of the moter

go to engine drive train in the forum section its right on top

philws
9th December 2011, 04:32 PM
hey roofy thanks mate, I have looked at that post but I wasn't sure because the pics don't look like mine? do you know what engine that is? mine is a GUIII ZD30, I figured that the one on the Blocking the EGR post was a 2.8 or something? do you have pics of exactly where it is on the GUIII zd30? just because I cannot for the life of me find it under the turbo

Cheers

Phil

Sir Roofy
9th December 2011, 04:52 PM
hey roofy thanks mate, I have looked at that post but I wasn't sure because the pics don't look like mine? do you know what engine that is? mine is a GUIII ZD30, I figured that the one on the Blocking the EGR post was a 2.8 or something? do you have pics of exactly where it is on the GUIII zd30? just because I cannot for the life of me find it under the turbo

Cheers

Phil
ok then mate theres other posts in that section by ynot on the 3lt if i new how to drive this computer properly
id find it for you but theres heaps on here ab out it

the ferret
11th December 2011, 11:11 AM
Here ya go Mate.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/egrblockzd302-1.png

philws
12th December 2011, 01:32 PM
thanks for that ferret, just making sure I'm on the right page is the block location on the drivers side i.e. the perspective of the diagram is taken from the front of the engine bay looking back towards the body of the car with the EGR system located on the drivers side? also in the 1st pic in my first post is that the part of the diagram with the three bolts in red?

Cheers

Phil

the ferret
12th December 2011, 02:32 PM
Just take the engine cover off, you will see the alloy tube coming up from the EGR valve.
Remove the two top bolts, loosen the bottom two bolts in the alloy tube, remove the gasket, insert the plate at the top and the two bolts,tighten the bottom two last.
Cheers, the ferret.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Untitled-2.jpg

philws
12th December 2011, 05:29 PM
that is perfect thanks for that ferret.

Phil

teleman
15th December 2011, 11:22 AM
Best description ever ferret. Ill have to order a shim off ya. :)

philws
15th December 2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks to ferret and everyone for the help, EGR plate now in :clapping:

the ferret
15th December 2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks to ferret and everyone for the help, EGR plate now in :clapping:
Start think'n about a boost gauge and pyro now!!
Cheers, the ferret.