PDA

View Full Version : Colesy123: New to this but thought I would say Hi. 07 GU ST Ute

colesy123
8th December 2011, 06:14 PM
Hey Guys and Girls,

Thought id drop in and say Hello. My name is Colesy, based on the Gold Coast but you will find me anywhere from Qld to SA and in between as I drive frequently.

Im new to Patrols having previously spent my days in a Hilux, HJ47 and an old Sierra. I was in the market for something a little tougher than the old HiLux and went looking for a Cruiser Ute (yeh I know..I know). Anyway long story short I after looking at over 25 trucks couldnt find one to suit (too expensive/too rough/too many kms).

On a trip back to SA I stumbled upon a friend's 07 ST Ute for sale. I had always longed after a GU ute but figured it was something that would build up to. Anyway, it was a case of right place/right time/great deal. I sold the Lux, handed over the cash and I was the proud owner of an 07 ST Cab Chassis.

It came as the following:
2007 GU Cab Chassis, 75k kms
3.0L CRD
Nissan Tray
Custom Bullbar, Slider/Steps
Airbag rear

So far the budget has allowed the following:
Chipped, Exhaust worked
UHF, CD/MP3, Bluetooth/Ipod
Reverse Camera
Canvas Seat Covers
Toolbox
LED Tail Lights
Custom Mudflaps
Flare Extensions
Bonnet Protector
Inverter
New Horn - Anyone else find these come with rediculous sounding horns? Sounds like a teenage ute waiting for his B*&&$ to drop

More mods to come (as funds become available).
First on the cards is a lift and some muddies as the Lux had both and im missing them. I also have a couple of under tray boxes to bolt on but need to sort out the relocation of the sub tank filler first.

The truck is set up for touring duties and the commute between QLD and SA that is made a few times a year. Feel free to make suggestions, but for now I am happy with how he goes and just pleased to have crossed that Nissan/Yota divide!

Looking forward to meeting you in over time and cant wait to jump in with my two cents worth!

Colesy

wildgu6
8th December 2011, 06:33 PM
Hey Colesy, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Sounds and looks like a nice rig, Love the bar work mate...

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Bigrig
8th December 2011, 06:34 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Enjoy!

colesy123
8th December 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome so far guys! Much appreciated.

2" Lift goes in on Monday before I head to T-Ba, Roma, Rolleston over New Years :)

A set of 285s or 33s is on the cards too.

Dhuck
8th December 2011, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
8th December 2011, 07:31 PM
G'day Colsey welcome aboard mate friendly mob here full of great info and advice

AB
8th December 2011, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, love the bull bar and bar work mate!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Sir Roofy
8th December 2011, 08:16 PM
Welcome aboard colsey enjoy your stay
that bullbar mate thats a ripper is that for bowling over camels==========lol

boots
8th December 2011, 08:22 PM
Welcome colesy , nice to have you on board the forum . My advice for your next mod is a provent 200 catchcan for your engine bud . the 3lt are known for there blowbuy . youll find plenty of info here all about it . huge peace of mind fitting one , trust me . enjoy and merry xmas .

DX grunt
8th December 2011, 08:58 PM
G'day Colesy

Mate, buddy, pal, friend for life....... lol

Welcome to the forum and fantastic to see another white ute here. All the best with your build. I look forward to seeing it go from strength to strength.

My truck's set up for camping too. Taking it away this weekend for 3 weeks - beach camping/fishing.

Take care out there.

Rossco

metaldude_999
8th December 2011, 10:54 PM
Hi mate, great looking truck, welcome

Maxhead
9th December 2011, 07:34 AM
G'Day Colesy, welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
9th December 2011, 11:42 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House Colesy, Good looking Bullbar, oh, and the patrol! LOL!

Tim

Clunk
10th December 2011, 12:49 AM
g'day Colesy and welcome aboard mate........ that sure is some serious bar work you got there bud

Woof
10th December 2011, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the forum Colesy, enjoy mate

2TROLLFAM
10th December 2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome Colesy!! Hope you enjoy your staff with this bunch ;)