PDA

View Full Version : Provent200 catch can

Sir Roofy
8th December 2011, 02:10 PM
Not understanding e/bay or having credit cards
where in melbourne ,dandenong or latrobevally
could i by one of these over the counter ?

Bob
8th December 2011, 03:27 PM
Try SuperCheap Auto if you have one near you Mate

Maxhead
8th December 2011, 03:57 PM
Try SuperCheap Auto if you have one near you Mate

You sure Bob, didn't think they would stock a quality product like this.....not sure where in Melbourne you would find one.
If you know someone that can buy one on eBay for you . this would save you a fair bit of $$$ mate

molongmick
8th December 2011, 04:28 PM
You could always try buying it direct from the dealer, here (http://www.westernfilters.net.au/product_info.php?products_id=743).

Maxhead
8th December 2011, 04:52 PM
You could always try buying it direct from the dealer, here (http://www.westernfilters.net.au/product_info.php?products_id=743).

I looked at that one too Mick, but couldn't find an address for a walk in customer.

molongmick
8th December 2011, 04:54 PM
WESTERN FILTERS Pty Ltd.
ABN 93 101 432 384

45 Forge St Blacktown NSW 2148 Sydney Australia
T: (02)9831 1715
F: (02)9671 2212

Would this be the one?

HOwever, as I read down lower

Payments can be made using your Credit Card, via Direct Bank Transfer, Australia Post Money Order or Cheque. Options are displayed at checkout. Call us to discuss available options.

Maxhead
8th December 2011, 04:57 PM
WESTERN FILTERS Pty Ltd.
ABN 93 101 432 384

45 Forge St Blacktown NSW 2148 Sydney Australia
T: (02)9831 1715
F: (02)9671 2212

Would this be the one?

HOwever, as I read down lower

Payments can be made using your Credit Card, via Direct Bank Transfer, Australia Post Money Order or Cheque. Options are displayed at checkout. Call us to discuss available options.

Haha, smatarse....I looked everywhere for the address...LOLOLOLOL
OOhhh well ,

molongmick
8th December 2011, 04:59 PM
:bananarock:That's me:bananarock:

Sir Roofy
8th December 2011, 06:51 PM
Well thanks to some very special people on this forum
every thing is comming together nicely

now if i can survive the rath of roofys boss all will be revealed over the next few weeks

thanks again guys its a pleasure to know you

Sir Roofy
8th December 2011, 06:58 PM
try supercheap auto if you have one near you mate

i did that thanks bob but i dont think they are up to the job

have been following the builds on here and feel that the provent200 is more up to speed
being very expensive its streeeeeeeeeeeeetching the budget but thats better than a sick moter

boots
8th December 2011, 08:27 PM
roofy if I had my time over again buying / fitting a provent catchcan . I would try and source a smaller size one . the provent 200 is great but overkill and bulky under the bonnet . especially if youve got extras , dual batts , abs brakes etc . with the 200 you need hose reducers to suit the smaller size 4bs and this adds to the bulk and the cost . but I am so glad I have one on mine , they are great , huge peace of mind .

Skull
9th December 2011, 01:38 AM
do you guys have drain the pro vent into the block or have a valve and empty it regularly?

Maxhead
9th December 2011, 06:30 AM
do you guys have drain the pro vent into the block or have a valve and empty it regularly?

I empty mine manually every couple of thousand km's. Usually collect around 30-50ml. So it definitely works

Bob
9th December 2011, 08:13 AM
Look at this Roofy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-VENT-200-CRANKCASE-BREATHER-PROVENT-4WD-/250567805590

If you want to go ahead with this I can Purchase on your behalf and you can reimburse me by Bank Transfer,Cheque or whatever

Regards
Bob

Sir Roofy
9th December 2011, 08:18 AM
look at this roofy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/pro-vent-200-crankcase-breather-provent-4wd-/250567805590

if you want to go ahead with this i can purchase on your behalf and you can reimburse me by bank transfer,cheque or whatever

regards
bob

thanks for the offer bob much appreciated but has been taken care of thanks

as i said before there are some really fair dinkem ppl on this forum
and i thank them for thier support

wont be long bob ive got you in my sights

Woof
9th December 2011, 08:59 AM
Been thinking about getting one as well, did not know where but now I do......thanks

Sir Roofy
9th December 2011, 09:53 AM
been thinking about getting one as well, did not know where but now i do......thanks

haha dogie took me awhile to find till someone mentioned
e/bay that was ok but now what i said to self,self answered with
havnt got an account dont have creditcards so asked the question where could i buy one over the counter
and someone actually 2ppl offered to help
its a great place here

Chaz
13th December 2011, 07:57 PM

I have mine set up to automatically drain back after the engine is turned off. It works a treat, but unfortunately all ZD30 blocks made after early 2003 don’t have the flange to run the drain pipe into. Another way would be to tee into the turbo oil drain with a check valve.

Sir Roofy
13th December 2011, 08:42 PM
roofy if i had my time over again buying / fitting a provent catchcan . I would try and source a smaller size one . The provent 200 is great but overkill and bulky under the bonnet . Especially if youve got extras , dual batts , abs brakes etc . With the 200 you need hose reducers to suit the smaller size 4bs and this adds to the bulk and the cost . But i am so glad i have one on mine , they are great , huge peace of mind .

thanks boots your probably right lots of smaller ones out there if your after a bit of bling,there all empty no filters as such