PDA

View Full Version : Queensland rules.......but why?

DX grunt
7th December 2011, 09:27 AM
Firstly, congratulations to all the Forum members from Queensland.

You have certainly shown how membership to a website does make a difference. :bananarock::bananarock: :clapping:

How do you do it? Is it word of mouth, Google, Forum stickers, Forum business cards ?

Sounds like we could all take a leaf or two out of your books (and springs - hahaha) and learn.

Well done and keep up the fantastic work.

Take care out there.

Rossco, gruntlet and Midge

Congrats to Victoria, too. hahaha lololol

AB
7th December 2011, 10:40 AM
Interesting to find out also.

Do you remember when the forum first started we had 95% of the members were from WA.

nowoolies
7th December 2011, 10:42 AM

Do you remember when the forum first started we had 95% of the members were from WA.

we are still the best on the forum hahahahahahahaah W.A rules:bananarock::bananarock::bananarock:

Woof
7th December 2011, 10:46 AM

I remember that, don't know how that happened??........................may have to do a forum membership drive over here LOL

AB
7th December 2011, 10:48 AM
I emailed the Western Patrol Club and I think word of mouth spread over in the west then suddenly we were getting overrun by you guys....LMAO

Sir Roofy
7th December 2011, 12:00 PM
interesting to find out also.

Do you remember when the forum first started we had 95% of the members were from wa.

hahaha you said it your self where to spread out
theres 3 0f us that meet regular and we put it out there for everyone
we have a great time and would welcome some more vics to join us

Bigrig
7th December 2011, 04:44 PM
No mail outs, no business cards (sorry, but I haven't given out one as yet .. Oopsey), but just genuine effort in assisting to coordinate ... It was sort of driven by myself at the start, and now Dhuck, Steve etc have taken the lead to organise trips and it simply grows from that - we have actively involved the families on the vast majority of occasions to ensure it doesn't become a "boys club", and essentially it's grown from there ... great bunch of very diverse people who I guess feel welcome, unpressured, and part of a group that looks out for each other in the hope of having a good time. As you know, it's not all four wheeling either - Jase did the chainsaw demo, Steve did the photography sessions and trip, Dhuck and I predominantly assist people with track guidance to grow their confidence in a safe and steady way, people sit and read if they want without feeling like they are being rude, kids throw rocks into the creeks, etc, etc, and pretty much I think most people just plain get along - kept it honest from the outset with everyone around the fact that there'll be people who don't get on, so we organise well spread out campsites/locations so people can mingle with those they wish and still maintain a bit of family privacy etc.

Me personally?? I love it!! Plenty of trips, plenty of new people, families have a ball (especially the kids - they thought Condamine was like Xmas came early!!!), and a great group that accommodates, helps, and most importantly, compromises to ensure the best time for all involved.

I have 29 separate people on my message list for trips now (just from the forum!!!) and I hope it keeps growing and growing!!!

Mazodude
7th December 2011, 05:06 PM
I got a business card when I bought some gear from torq4x4.

Silver
7th December 2011, 07:28 PM
yes, from my perspective it has a lot to do with Scott and Sandra, Dhuck and Beck, and Steve and Jenny organising events - Fran and I even organised a little exploratory trip up to Mt Mee a while ago (discoverd all the interesting tracks are closed).

We have a standard height Mav and never feel pressured to play alongside the more modified toys - but it is fun watching them and playing on the tracks we are capable of. Not forgetting voluntarily having a go at one or two that we are not; where is that rear mudflap and flare, and how did the bullbar look like that :-)

Then there are the BBQs that Scott and Sandra organise (apologies to any others, only know about those ones!)

And on top of that the working bees.

And then Jase/Peacemaker, who drives a Cruiser (gasp!) gave us that very detailed chainsaw demo, hands on and very informative, along with a lesson on how to change a Cruiser CV in short time (leaving out the travelling time to get the replacement!) Scott's mate Derek, and our mate Jason with his Cruiser put up with a bit of good natured ribbing, but most if not all seem to know when to stop.

And I think the fact that we are all reasonably laid back helps a bit :-) There's great BS around the campfires and lunchstops, some thoughtful stirring but nothing over the top or out of line that I have seen.

2TROLLFAM
7th December 2011, 10:18 PM
No mail outs, no business cards (sorry, but I haven't given out one as yet .. Oopsey), but just genuine effort in assisting to coordinate ... It was sort of driven by myself at the start, and now Dhuck, Steve etc have taken the lead to organise trips and it simply grows from that - we have actively involved the families on the vast majority of occasions to ensure it doesn't become a "boys club", and essentially it's grown from there ... great bunch of very diverse people who I guess feel welcome, unpressured, and part of a group that looks out for each other in the hope of having a good time. As you know, it's not all four wheeling either - Jase did the chainsaw demo, Steve did the photography sessions and trip, Dhuck and I predominantly assist people with track guidance to grow their confidence in a safe and steady way, people sit and read if they want without feeling like they are being rude, kids throw rocks into the creeks, etc, etc, and pretty much I think most people just plain get along - kept it honest from the outset with everyone around the fact that there'll be people who don't get on, so we organise well spread out campsites/locations so people can mingle with those they wish and still maintain a bit of family privacy etc.

Me personally?? I love it!! Plenty of trips, plenty of new people, families have a ball (especially the kids - they thought Condamine was like Xmas came early!!!), and a great group that accommodates, helps, and most importantly, compromises to ensure the best time for all involved.

I have 29 separate people on my message list for trips now (just from the forum!!!) and I hope it keeps growing and growing!!!

We'll be there for the BBQ next week - looking forward to it .... oh and will also be keeping an eye out for trips that are local & easy :) hehehe