PDA

View Full Version : Hello

floweryngf
2nd December 2011, 03:58 AM
Just joined the web site as I have a 2001 Nissan Patrol GRX 3.0 TD. I use it to get to and on my farm in Ecuador, South America.

This website is useful to learn a bit more about the car and its faults etc.

Regard

Nick

Silver
2nd December 2011, 04:07 AM
Welcome, Nick!

Sir Roofy
2nd December 2011, 05:03 AM
welcome aboard nick enjoy your stay

floweryngf
2nd December 2011, 05:19 AM
I took my Nissan in to get some new tyres and which were 265/75/r17 and the car has always had a little wobble on braking from 110ks down -it only lasts for a second or two, which is not a big issue as I work the car pretty hard, the guy at the tyre station says that the problem is the ball joint which has some pins and rubber parts. I was going to look it up in the manual,they have told me what it is in spanish which means nothing to me, but nissan say the ball joint comes as a whole piece and is accompanied by a few other parts, this is going to cost 588 USD. Anyone had any experience with this as it seems like a warped brake disc to me?

Nick

growler2058
2nd December 2011, 05:45 AM
G'day Nick welcome aboard mate, gotta good mob here full of great info and advice

canuck
2nd December 2011, 07:00 AM
Bienvenido Nick! Este foro tiene los mejores personas y informacion sobre el Patrol. Que suerte tienes para vivir en un pais tan hermosa. :cheers:
John

wildgu6
2nd December 2011, 07:08 AM
Hey Nick, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Bigrig
2nd December 2011, 07:09 AM
I took my Nissan in to get some new tyres and which were 265/75/r17 and the car has always had a little wobble on braking from 110ks down -it only lasts for a second or two, which is not a big issue as I work the car pretty hard, the guy at the tyre station says that the problem is the ball joint which has some pins and rubber parts. I was going to look it up in the manual,they have told me what it is in spanish which means nothing to me, but nissan say the ball joint comes as a whole piece and is accompanied by a few other parts, this is going to cost 588 USD. Anyone had any experience with this as it seems like a warped brake disc to me?

Nick

G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

You sure the wobble isn't to do with warped brake rotors? Large offset wheels can do this also, but I'm assuming you don't have them. I'd be getting the brakes machined first before forking out big dollars mate!

Good luck with it and Enjoy the forum!

Dhuck
2nd December 2011, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
2nd December 2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

patch697
2nd December 2011, 10:42 AM
Welcome aboard mate.

razzar
2nd December 2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forum. You will find it very interesting and informative.

Finly Owner
2nd December 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House Nick

Tim

floweryngf
3rd December 2011, 01:51 AM
Bienvenido Nick! Este foro tiene los mejores personas y informacion sobre el Patrol. Que suerte tienes para vivir en un pais tan hermosa. :cheers:
John

Thanks and Gracias,

I am english living in Ecuador but it is a beautiful country.

floweryngf
3rd December 2011, 01:53 AM
Thanks, looking for a mechanic with a lathe to see if it helps.

Maxhead
3rd December 2011, 06:42 AM
G'Day Nick, welcome to the forum mate

ZTG
3rd December 2011, 03:36 PM
H Nick welcome, I really am amazed at how many countries are represented on this forum

Clunk
10th December 2011, 12:20 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

2TROLLFAM
10th December 2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome - Great bunch of folks here who are more than happy to assist & share :)