PDA

View Full Version : Foil used on rear windows

markmclauchlin
1st December 2011, 06:38 PM
Hey all,

First time poster,

I have just purchased a 2002 GU Patrol, Diesel, Auto, really love driving it and looking forward to getting it off road.

Rather simple question for you all, the foil that people use on the rear and side windows, what is that and where will I get it?

Cheers
Mark

Dhuck
1st December 2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. You might want to jump over to the introductions thread and say gidday before posting. We are all helpfull friendly people. Just like people to introduce them selves

wildgu6
1st December 2011, 08:58 PM
Hey Mark, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Sorry cant help you with the foil thingy ??? cant say ever seen it,
What area you from buddy??

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

growler2058
1st December 2011, 09:08 PM
Gday Mark welcome aboard, gotta good mob here full of great info and advice

AB
1st December 2011, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

I wonder if you've seen a patrol with custom made reflective material like a windscreen foil cover custom made for the barn doors and rear sides maybe?

Any chance of a photo or give us more info.

Haven't really heard of anything like that either.

markmclauchlin
1st December 2011, 11:57 PM
Hey Guys,

Based in Perth Pete,

Phone the local ARB and this is what I am after, they can't get it but can do off the website directly. www.solarscreen.com.au

Cheers,

Steveo_the_Devo
2nd December 2011, 04:33 AM
I have a friend with a Cruiser who has done this for the rear windows. He used insulated shipping foil, picked it up for free from the local hospital pharmacy. Apparently some medications are shipped in boxes lined with this stuff. It's pretty thick & he's done a great job of cutting it to size. Even managed to line the compartment housing his fridge with it. I'll see if I can get a pic of it for you.

markmclauchlin
2nd December 2011, 09:38 PM
Cheers Steveo, will be good to see a pic

markmclauchlin
8th December 2011, 02:30 PM
ordered these today, will post up some pics when they arrive

Cheers all,