PDA

View Full Version : excessive smoke (black)

Ian2011
30th November 2011, 06:26 PM
Hey all,

Patrol back on the road after the crank/woodruff key issues, however now after completing the EGR mod and removing butterfly, the car now seems to blow more smoke then it ever did before, is it possible that this is a timing issue, post crank incident, I may be a tooth or two out although I dont thinks so, or could this be something totally different. Car has also had new plate put on fuel pump and starts all the time now in a crank or two. Car is a 2.8 td.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Ian

MudRunnerTD
30th November 2011, 06:32 PM
Hi Ian, Black smoke equals fuel mate, given that you have had work done on the fuel pump it makes sense to be a fuel load issue. Not a big issue but easy to fix i would think.

Get it on the Dyno mate, sort out the tune, the boost and the performance all at once.

my 2c

teleman
5th December 2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah mate x2 with mud runner. Black smoke is fuel not being burnt properly. Take it to a dyno. If you come down to melbourne, there is a great dyno in ringwood...

AB
5th December 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah mate x2 with mud runner. Black smoke is fuel not being burnt properly. Take it to a dyno. If you come down to melbourne, there is a great dyno in ringwood...

Which guy is that mate, just curious?

I usually go to Dynotech in Lilydale but keen to find out other good ones too!

Ian2011
7th December 2011, 07:39 PM
Anybody know if there is any worthwhile diesel mechanics in th Albury/Wodonga area, not sure I want to drive to Melbourne for a tune up

AB
7th December 2011, 08:57 PM
BigFletch is a member on here who lives in Shep and knows a lot of folks in the area so hopefully he sees this thread. If not then I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM mate.