PDA

View Full Version : New Member

thomo
30th November 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi all

i am only new to 4wding, I have great satisfaction in finaly owning the greatest vehicle in the world, The Mighty GU Patrol, or as i call it the fun machine. I have a 1999 GU Patrol 2-1/2 lift 35 mickey ts on 16x10 allied thunder rims (sexual). I am making the big move to the gold coast and hope to find fellow 4wders in the area that are interested in showing me around the area and some great tracks and obviously annoying toyota drivers, i am biast though on the subject.

Anyway i look forward in meeting and chatting to some awsome people and swapping stories and suggestions

take care everyone

Glen (thomo)

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Keep an eye on the forum meet ups and you will see we have quite a few in SE Qld. You are more than welcome to come along and join in the fun

AB
30th November 2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, plenty of things happening in your new area so keep an eye out.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

thomo
30th November 2011, 01:33 PM
thanks guys, already feeling the love

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 01:37 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

As dhuck said mate, heaps of us in south east qld, and we have regular meet ups (just did one to Condamine on the weekend - 10 cars and about 28 people!!). Absolutely feel free to join in - we are a no pressure bunch who help/guide everyone and basically just have a good time (that's everything from touring through to extreme).

Enjoy!

growler2058
30th November 2011, 01:38 PM
Gday Thommo welcome aboard mate, got plenty of qld members thatll get ya muddy Im sure

2TROLLFAM
30th November 2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome ... I'm new too but lots of info to be found here :)

thomo
30th November 2011, 01:44 PM
thanks guys, i am keen as to meet up with fellow 4wders and get out on the tracks, plus need to start the network of friends, can be a tad boring talking to yourself after a while

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 01:58 PM
thanks guys, i am keen as to meet up with fellow 4wders and get out on the tracks, plus need to start the network of friends, can be a tad boring talking to yourself after a while

Mate, come to the Xmas drinks at my joint on the 15th December - there's about 34 people coming (most of them members and partners) and introduce yourself. Appreciate it's a Thursday night (tried to keep away from weekends when everyone's busy at this time of year), but you're more than welcome to come along. Let me know if interested and I'll PM you the address and my mobile number.

Also, we are planning a trip to Landcruiser Mountain park (4x4 park) for the Australia day weekend - so you are welcome to tag along!!

Plenty to do up here mate!!! lol

thomo
30th November 2011, 02:10 PM
Big thanks Big Rig, but thats the day i start my trip to my new home in qld reedy creek, if i was there i would of been there for sure, also dont need any excuse to have a jar or two, just want drink that 4X stuff not that much of QLD yet, landcruiser park is a place im itching to go to so i would love the tag along,

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 02:15 PM
Sounds like your gonna fit in real well. A wheel, a drink, a wheel and more drink. But do not condone drink driving as that is illegal so I am told

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 02:25 PM
Big thanks Big Rig, but thats the day i start my trip to my new home in qld reedy creek, if i was there i would of been there for sure, also dont need any excuse to have a jar or two, just want drink that 4X stuff not that much of QLD yet, landcruiser park is a place im itching to go to so i would love the tag along,

No worries mate - my brother (owns a GQ also) lives at Reedy Creek!!! It's only about 45 minutes from me, so no doubt we'll get the chance to cross paths and have a few coldies ... none of that VB rubbish though!! lol

Be great if you can make LCMP - have a squiz under the Forum Meetup's section and there's a thread for it as well as a poll for who's attending and on what days ...

wildgu6
30th November 2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Thomo,, welcome aboard the best site around. As you see, plenty of QLD members around,
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Check out the members map buddy, you'll see who's around your area.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

DX grunt
30th November 2011, 02:54 PM
G'day Thomo.

Welcome aboard and great to have you here. Watch Big Rig. He knows how to drink! lol

Take care up there.

Rossco

thomo
30th November 2011, 03:25 PM
Hush with those harsh words, VB necter of the gods, they say when you take that first sip of the VB its like angles weeing on your tongue, pure heaven, thats what they say anyway. Sounds like there is a quite a few people around the area which is awsome, look forward in the catch up

always a beer in the fridge

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 03:31 PM
Hush with those harsh words, VB necter of the gods, they say when you take that first sip of the VB its like angles weeing on your tongue, pure heaven, thats what they say anyway. Sounds like there is a quite a few people around the area which is awsome, look forward in the catch up

always a beer in the fridge

Tastes like something p!ssing on your tongue - but it ain't no angel!!!!! lmao

thomo
30th November 2011, 03:35 PM
Tastes like something p!ssing on your tongue - but it ain't no angel!!!!! lmao

LOL yea yea, same can be said about that 4X aswell, at least VB has taste LMAO

ozzyboy
30th November 2011, 03:36 PM
another vb drinker.

welcome aboard mate :)

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 03:41 PM
LOL yea yea, same can be said about that 4X aswell, at least VB has taste LMAO

Yep - cant stand XXXX either (do drink Gold's when away though) - it garbage ... so at least we agree on that!!! lol

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 03:41 PM
another vb drinker.

Pfffttt .. Another that needs edumacating!!! lol

thomo
30th November 2011, 03:44 PM
another vb drinker.

thanks, great minds think and drink alike

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 03:46 PM
thanks, great minds think and drink alike

'Fools rarely differ' is the quote that comes to my mind!!! lol

thomo
30th November 2011, 03:46 PM
Pfffttt .. Another that needs edumacating!!! lol

LOL see what happens when you drink that stuff, your spelling goes pear shape

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 03:49 PM
LOL see what happens when you drink that stuff, your spelling goes pear shape

Hahahaha ... same as my body then!!!!! lmfao

Sir Roofy
30th November 2011, 06:26 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

Finly Owner
30th November 2011, 10:11 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Thomo

Tim

Clunk
1st December 2011, 12:16 AM
g'day Glen and welcome aboard mate

nowoolies
1st December 2011, 03:38 AM
g`day Thommo
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

thomo
1st December 2011, 07:20 AM
g`day Thommo
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

No worries i will endeavour to put some pics of the rig up soon, just have to take some current photos. Just put some new micket T claws on 16x10 rims looks phat now

razzar
1st December 2011, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find it very interesting and informative.

Maxhead
3rd December 2011, 06:32 AM
G'Day Glen, welcome to the forum mate