PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, Probable part owner of an 05 ST GU IV Auto in only hours!

j1v1gan
30th November 2011, 11:06 AM
Hi All,

Amazing site you have here.

My father is super keen on the car listed above, we upgrading from a 2.8d (non turbo) manual hilux.

One of the reasons for the purchase is to do short tow trips (Under 50km) of our new 2 tonne boat.
We live in a very flat area.

The only hills the car would encounter would be without the boat on the monthly 300k trip to the big smoke.

In the few hours I have left before my father purchases this thing! Can anyone provide some pros/cons to this model and our predicted use.

Also can anyone describe what sort of towing improvement I should expect from the hilux?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Can't tell you much about the towing side, how ever there are others here that can. But any of the Patrol models are good and will do a much better job than a Hilux.

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 01:08 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Enjoy!

growler2058
30th November 2011, 01:13 PM
Gday Matt welcome aboard mate, gotta good friendly mob here full of great info and adviice

wildgu6
30th November 2011, 02:54 PM
Hey Buddy, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
30th November 2011, 10:16 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House, can't wait to hear all about you PATROL!

Tim

Clunk
1st December 2011, 12:19 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard. So has your old man picked up the new truck yet???? Which one did you go for (engine I mean)?

nowoolies
1st December 2011, 03:43 AM
g`day Matt
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

razzar
1st December 2011, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find it very interesting and informative.

Sir Roofy
1st December 2011, 05:47 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

big_fletch
1st December 2011, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, lots of great people on here that are always willing to help

Fletcha

Maxhead
3rd December 2011, 06:33 AM
G'Day Matt, welcome to the forum mate