PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Steves01
28th November 2011, 07:14 PM
Hi all,
I am after some information please. I not sure what i am meant to being doing but will try any thing.
I am after any information about the fuel system in a 1999 GU 4.2 turbo diesel. I had dirty fuel (water) which I have drained and cleaned the tank. I have replaced the fuel filter and check for a filter under the banjo plug (not there). When the car is idling there is no problem however as soon as the engine is revs tonnes of white smoke comes out and the engine sounds like it is labouring. Please help me any ideas

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 07:45 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Someone will be along to assist no doubt mate - hang tight.

Enjoy!

AB
28th November 2011, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

it sounds like you could just have air in your lines.

Did you bleed the air out when you changed the filter, etc?

My money would be on air in the lines mate so bleed the air out of the filter for starters by plunging the top of the filter with the plastic screw thinngy undone and see how you go.

Let us know if that helps or not. There's a few other things we can check out too...

It is possible you got a dodgy fuel filter too. You could try to put another one on, bleed it, and try that or possibly bypass it for a second to see how that goes...Bit of trial and error but you'll get there...Let us know how you go with bleeding the filter first.

Steves01
28th November 2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks,
I have bleed off the system with no luck. Maybe I might try and bypass the filter to see if this does any thing. I will let you no how i go tomorrow.

AB
28th November 2011, 09:14 PM
Instead of bypassing the filter you could also just put a clear hose in after the filter to visually see if bubbles are going through the lines.

I would hate for you to bypass the filter and some dirty chunks go through thats all...lol

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 09:20 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

dont bypass the filter try and crack each injector line might be some resedue there

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve

Dhuck
28th November 2011, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
29th November 2011, 12:10 AM
Welcome aboard and great to have you here.

Take care out there.

Rossco

timbar
29th November 2011, 12:20 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Finly Owner
29th November 2011, 12:38 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Steve

Tim

Clunk
29th November 2011, 12:58 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, sorry I can't help but hope you find the problem soon

wildgu6
29th November 2011, 07:57 AM
Hey Steve, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

nowoolies
1st December 2011, 05:25 AM
g`day Steve
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

razzar
1st December 2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find it very interesting and informative.

big_fletch
1st December 2011, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

harry-potzer
2nd December 2011, 07:34 PM
hello mate, nice to have you on the forum. lots of questions and answers here - have fun!