PDA

View Full Version : Brown Davis tanks

rottodiver
28th November 2011, 04:43 PM
Brown Davis have had a really bad rep for there tanks cracking and mounts breaking around 7 years ago..i hear that have worked on those problems. Not so much info recently on personal experiences,is that because there is no real negatives reports of late. I want one for my sub as it is 80 litres and long ranger don't do them for a sub for 4.5 petrol.. Anyone have experience with these tanks and I need a good one as I am doing the Simpson and birdsville in July!!!

Scotty

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2011, 05:20 PM
LRA dont do one?? Really? WOW!!!! given that the things drink like a fish and most folk have LPG installed it Astounds me that LRA dont do a belly tank for one?? I'd check that again? The sub tank for a GU will fit from Series 1 through to today, Petrol or diesel, they are all the same, and every GU on LPG pretty well has a long range belly tank upgrade to give them a bigger fuel cell as the LPG goes in the back. I'd be asking again mate. does not sound right??

On the Brown Davis question? I have never heard a bad word to speak of them, they are very well regarded and put out a Word Class product.

rottodiver
28th November 2011, 05:35 PM
LRA dont do one?? Really? WOW!!!! given that the things drink like a fish and most folk have LPG installed it Astounds me that LRA dont do a belly tank for one?? I'd check that again? The sub tank for a GU will fit from Series 1 through to today, Petrol or diesel, they are all the same, and every GU on LPG pretty well has a long range belly tank upgrade to give them a bigger fuel cell as the LPG goes in the back. I'd be asking again mate. does not sound right??

On the Brown Davis question? I have never heard a bad word to speak of them, they are very well regarded and put out a Word Class product.

I believe lra and longranger are 2 different companies and longranger don't even have it listed on there website plus arb said they do them for diesels not petrol.. This is the sub and not the main

Scotty

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2011, 05:50 PM
I believe lra and longranger are 2 different companies and longranger don't even have it listed on there website plus arb said they do them for diesels not petrol.. This is the sub and not the main

Scotty

Hey Scotty,

Mate your ARB dealer is an Idiot! Go to another one.

Firstly. Petrol / Diesel makes NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL! A tank is a Tank, even the senders will be the same. If your local dealer told you that he is not even an accessories dealer! Speechless.!

Here is a link for you mate, well two actually

LRA GU 98 onwards (http://www.longrangeautomotive.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=123&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=214)

The Longranger GU 98 onwards (http://www.thelongranger.com.au/patrolgulongrangefueltank.html)

rottodiver
28th November 2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for that link.. It says to me they are all the same... And as far as lra are concerned they too have a really bad rep when searching them on different forums.. Any thoughts on them..??? It is a hard choice because it is one thing you really need to be made well!!!

Scotty

Edited... Any thoughts on why longranger differentiates between tanks and models??

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2011, 06:20 PM
I have an LRA 145lt rear tank in my GQ and it has seen a very hard life mate, good strong tank.

Remember most online will only tell you the bad stuff so your likely to hear a bad review more than a good review. There are many many very happy owners of all 3 manufacturers mate. Brown Davis, LRA and Longranger are all very good, strong, well Engineered Australian made Fuel cells.

I would not hesitate with any of them to be honest.

There is a difference between the Wagon and the utes mate as the chassis is slightly different i think and the rear spring mounts are different for the leaf sprung rears of the Utes. That may explain it?? not sure?

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 07:18 PM
I helped put a browndavis 80lsub tank in twoweeks ago
it wqas heavey well built and hard to get the hoses on not much room left
for your hand as you jack it up to connect
we won the battle then it was time to fill it,over $100 dollars so if your going to fill up in birdsville
you better take the bank with you---- lol

rottodiver
29th November 2011, 02:01 PM
So what i am reading on different sites is the fuel pump for the sub on a diesel is exrenally mounted and the petrol is internal so itlooks like arb were correct about longranger tanks and longranger after 3 emails still wont reply.. myconfidence of lra and d& b is growi
ng thanks to this thread