PDA

View Full Version : Replace fuel injection tubes

lachiek
28th November 2011, 08:51 AM
Hey all, has anyone here had to replace their fuel injection tubes because fuel was leaking back from where they join to the injectors?

Mechanic told me mine were worn due to being put on and off a few times. I sourced some second hand replacement ones and immediately thought the metal cup on these things look difficult to 'wear out'. Removed mine and lo and behold their surface looks pretty good. Never had this leak until my injection pump was serviced so I'm suspecting the mech has stuffed something up and is blaming these tubes.

Anyone have experience with injectors leaking or ideas for some type of produce that will help the tubes seal better?

Cheers, Lachie

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 09:09 AM
Hey all, has anyone here had to replace their fuel injection tubes because fuel was leaking back from where they join to the injectors?

Mechanic told me mine were worn due to being put on and off a few times. I sourced some second hand replacement ones and immediately thought the metal cup on these things look difficult to 'wear out'. Removed mine and lo and behold their surface looks pretty good. Never had this leak until my injection pump was serviced so I'm suspecting the mech has stuffed something up and is blaming these tubes.

Anyone have experience with injectors leaking or ideas for some type of produce that will help the tubes seal better?

Cheers, Lachie

I thought they had an O ring on them (or is that the cup you're referring to?). Doesn't sound quite right to me - wearing out from removing/replacing?? Sounds dodgy ...

patch697
28th November 2011, 09:16 AM
Diesel injector lines only need a spec of fly sh1t in them in order to leak. If there not cross threaded then I'd try cracking the one thats leaking like you would if you where bleeding the injector & see how that goes before resorting to replacing injector lines.

Finly Owner
28th November 2011, 11:45 PM
They will leak if the seals in there need replacing, I've done mine.

Tim

lachiek
29th November 2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks all. Finly by the seals do you mean the metal faces? There's definitely no O rings or anything just 2 smooth metal faces. Did yours have obvious signs of corrosion or indents from over tightening?

I've put it all back together with new (but secondhand) pipes this morning and will start her up this arvo - give the WD40 a chance to dry so I can see if there's any weeping.

Anyone know what torque these bolts should be tighened too?

Thanks