PDA

View Full Version : Inline images from PC on this forum

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:16 AM
Hello all out there.

Is it just me or does this forum not support inline images that you can browse for from your PC.
When I hit Insert Image button http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/insertimage.png

all I get is an option to enter the image web address and not an option to browse your PC.

On other forums I don't have this issue.

I'm using Google Chrome but same with IE.
The first pic is from this forum and second from another and both are vBulletin 4 but diferent update versions.

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:19 AM
If you click on "go advanced" you will/should see a paper clip icon that will let you upload straight from your computer. It works for me.

Tony

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:26 AM
If you click on "go advanced" you will/should see a paper clip icon that will let you upload straight from your computer. It works for me.

Tony

Yeah I realise that but they are not an in-line image but a image attachment. For example if I want to do a write up on a trip and want to insert images between paragraphs and keep writing and inserting images between text I can not.
All I can do is attach all images at the end of the write-up...

Hope that makes sense...LOL

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:28 AM
There is a way to do it, I just have to remember how to?

Tony

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:33 AM
You mean like this;

Photo 1

Photo 2

Tony

Warnie
28th November 2011, 08:34 AM
You can use a site such as Photobucket.com or postimage.org and create a url for the picture online and then just paste the hotlink in between your paragraphs where you want it and he image will appear there.

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:35 AM
Yep Tony, That is what I would like to do

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:36 AM
You can use a site such as Photobucket.com or postimage.org and create a url for the picture online and then just paste the hotlink in between your paragraphs where you want it and he image will appear there.

If I have no alternative I will, I was just trying to avoid another account...LOLO

Thanks mate

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:39 AM
Yep Tony, That is what I would like to do

Upload the images using the paper clip icon, click on "upload images" and close the window. Click on the paper clip icon again and it will open the file manager, you can then click on the files and move them around your post.

Tony

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:45 AM
Upload the images using the paper clip icon, click on "upload images" and close the window. Click on the paper clip icon again and it will open the file manager, you can then click on the files and move them around your post.

Tony

OK, Lets try.
Photo1
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10461&stc=1&d=1322428362

Photo 2
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10462&stc=1&d=1322428362

No good mate

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:47 AM
Keep trying, if I can do it anyone can.

Tony

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:48 AM
If you look at the second attachment above, that is how it shows up on other forums. You can choose a URL or From computer by just clicking Insert Image key

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 08:52 AM
Keep trying, if I can do it anyone can.

Tony

Hhaha, Yeah will muck around a bit more but it does sound like an arse about way of doing it but if it works hey thats great

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:57 AM
After uploading the images (which you did) reopen the file manager/paper clip icon and it will list the images/files you just uploaded, if you click on one of the files you should see something like "[ATTACH10461[/ATTACH]" appear in your post. You can move this around your post. I got that attachment from your post so you should be able to do it.

Tony

Bob
28th November 2011, 08:58 AM
View from Craigs Hut

Even the Dog is turning up its Nose

To do this I uploaded the Pics and then typed View from Craigs Hut clicked on Paper Clip and left clicked on JPG that I wanted and then typed second description and clicked on Paper Clip and the left clicked on Image

YNOT
28th November 2011, 08:58 AM
Hhaha, Yeah will muck around a bit more but it does sound like an arse about way of doing it but if it works hey thats great

Once you figure it out it's actually really easy and fast to do.

Tony

YNOT
28th November 2011, 09:00 AM
View from Craigs Hut

To do this I uploaded the Pics and then typed View from Craigs Hut clicked on Paper Clip and left clicked on JPG that I wanted and then typed second description and clicked on Paper Clip and the left clicked on Image

It would appear there is more than one way to do it, doesn't matter, end result is still the same. Thanks Bob.

Tony

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 09:15 AM
Once you figure it out it's actually really easy and fast to do.

Tony
Lets try again

Picture110470

Picture 210471

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 09:18 AM
and again :) :) :) :) :)

PIC1 nice

PIC2

PIC3

Happy as pig in mug....wooohooo

Thanks guys

YNOT
28th November 2011, 09:18 AM
Lets try again

Picture110470

Picture 210471

Got it, well done Kris.

Tony

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 09:20 AM
Hi kris the way tony explaind it is the easy way
go advance click on the paper clip mate as far as computers are concerned
im dumb as but that part is easy,learning you tube now that was a battle i still
have tyrouble with it,ahhhhh but not all is lost its written down hehe
any way you can do it

Maxhead
28th November 2011, 09:20 AM
View from Craigs Hut

Thanks Bob, that's execly how I did it

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 09:22 AM
got it, well done kris.

Tony

there you go by the time i typed out the last post you had it