PDA

View Full Version : Gday all

Lewy
26th November 2011, 07:55 PM
Gday felow Nissan owners,

So we just bought our first Patrol 2003 GU III ST-L 4.2TD.. She is as stock as a rock ATM Besides a 3" dump and exhaust that we had fitted yesterday.. Sue (my misses) and I have been 4wding for around 10 years now and have always had Toyotas.. Just sold our much loved 80 series to get this wicked GU.. Its only done 94,000km and has never really been off road (was a mums taxi). Hoping to get some good ideas and tips from here to do her up all nice :-) Our plans for the near future are bar, winch, brush bars, side steps, sunnies with Mickey Thompson MTZ's, dual batteries, turbo timer, etc, etc..... (so the build up starts again!!!)

Just ordered some boost and Pyro gauges and was wondering if anyone had pics of where they mounted them? So far we've seen the A pillar pod option, looks ok.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk256/lewysue/patrol5-1.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk256/lewysue/patrol4.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk256/lewysue/patrol1-1.jpg

Cheers Lewy

belzi82
26th November 2011, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Glad to see you have converted to the BRIGHT side!!!

boots
26th November 2011, 08:06 PM
welcome lewy .great to have you onboard the forum . Its great to read you have come across from the dark side ie-toyota . top lookin 4b you got . look foward to reading / seeing your mods in progress .

Lewy
26th November 2011, 08:16 PM
Cheers Guys, Got to say though in 10 years of 4wding Not one of our Toyota's has let us down not once, so I'm hoping to hell the Nissan can live up to that high standard LOL

growler2058
26th November 2011, 09:09 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard good mobbhere full of great info n advice

nowoolies
26th November 2011, 10:43 PM
g`day Lewy
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies
pp:s delete your number plate mate , photo bucket is a good start to do that

Sir Roofy
26th November 2011, 10:47 PM
welcome aboard lewy enjoy your stay
nice looking rig

Clunk
26th November 2011, 11:40 PM
welcome aboard Lewy, very tidy looking rig indeed, hope it doesn't disappoint you either

Lewy
27th November 2011, 06:19 AM
g`day Lewy
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies
pp:s delete your number plate mate , photo bucket is a good start to do that

Cheers mate plates removed LOL

And thanks to everyone for your support

YNOT
27th November 2011, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the forum Lewy.

What a find, a virgin low km GU TD42. Your signiture says it all, "4.2TD because reliabillity counts".

This photo shows where I mounted my gauges but it does require a single din radio.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1000705Medium.jpg

Tony

DX grunt
27th November 2011, 08:21 AM
G'day Lewy & Sue.

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Lewy
27th November 2011, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Lewy.

What a find, a virgin low km GU TD42. Your signiture says it all, "4.2TD because reliabillity counts".

This photo shows where I mounted my gauges but it does require a single din radio.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/P1000705Medium.jpg

Tony

Gday Tony,

Yer we have been looking for some time now for a Unmolested one owner GU 4.2 ST-L.. Wanted the ST-L simply for the rear aircon for the dogs :-) Got this one before it even went on sale LOL And of course it had to be a 4.2turbo. I just simply did't want to have the worry in the back of my mined of a 3L going bang!!.. That's not a bad idea where you have the gauges Tony.. Ill put up a thread soon asking that specific question. Will add you pic if you don't mined?

Cheers Lewy

Maxhead
27th November 2011, 10:12 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

YNOT
27th November 2011, 10:12 AM
Not a problem mate.

Tony

wildgu6
27th November 2011, 10:27 AM
Hey Lewy and Sue, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Hope you enjoy your rig as much as we do ours.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

taslucas
27th November 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi Lewy, welcome to the forum mate. Thats one clean looking GU you've got there.

Dhuck
27th November 2011, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Finly Owner
27th November 2011, 11:27 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Lewy

Tim

2TROLLFAM
28th November 2011, 07:06 AM
NOICE Patrol !!! Will be watching the transformation so make sure you post updates :)

You'll find heaps of info here - I joined yesterday & spent half the night reading ..

timbar
28th November 2011, 02:09 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim