PDA

View Full Version : Patrolee's first post - impressed with this forum

Patrolee
26th November 2011, 02:24 PM
I have just spent most of my morning reading the many useful posts on this forum. I have learnt heaps and know where to come when I next have issues with my Patrol – luckily not often. I have bookmarked YNOT’s fabulous maintenance info for future reference and note that he is a local! When I figure out what he drives, I’ll wave.

I have a 2000 TD42 GU II Patrol with 327000kms, which I bought in 2003. It’s pretty standard and its main role in life is to tow my horse float – 2500kg loaded. I needed a vehicle that (in addition to getting me to work) would get me to off road places reliably and not struggle doing it. I’ve never regretted getting this Patrol. I’ve even taken it to play in mud and dirt a few times, but not to the extent I have seen in some of your photos on this forum!

Have had few problems with the Patrol in the 8 years I have owned it – cracked radiator fan (replaced before it fell apart and wrecked my radiator), intermittent problem with ignition (taught me that there is much more useful knowledge on some forums than in some dealer’s workshops!), occasional overheating problems when towing up long hills on really hot QLD days (still working on that one, but know I am not alone! Fortunately, I don’t much feel like riding on those stinking hot days, so it’s not a big problem.), a malfunctioning after market (dealer installed when new) cruise control which gave me a very scarey experience on the highway when it would not disengage at 100km/hr. Eventually managed to pull over, breaking hard despite lots of revs and killed the engine. Had to call rural RACQ who fixed it by disconnecting it. Have not been game to try a cruise control unit since.

Cheers, Patrolee

Sir Roofy
26th November 2011, 02:42 PM
welcomeaboard patrolee enjoy your stay
for advice and general conversation you have
come to the right place

Clunk
26th November 2011, 02:43 PM
g'day Patrolee and welcome aboard, as you've seen there's plenty of friendly people on here with heaps of knowledge (not me I know nuthin)........... happy wheeling

growler2058
26th November 2011, 02:47 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, got a good friendly mob here full of great info and advice

NissanGQ4.2
26th November 2011, 03:12 PM
Welcome 2 the forum

Great bunch hear always willing 2 help out when needed.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

YNOT
26th November 2011, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Most of the time I drive a white van with a big blue stripe up the side, my 4WD's are weekenders.

Tony

DX grunt
26th November 2011, 06:07 PM
G'day mate

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco

snicko
26th November 2011, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Plenty of great people here with lots of info - Enjoy

Finly Owner
26th November 2011, 08:55 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Patrolee, where do you work? Lookout for the forum meet ups and come and say Hi.

Tim

nowoolies
26th November 2011, 10:39 PM
g`day Patrolee
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Maxhead
27th November 2011, 10:09 AM
G'Day Patrolee, welcome to the forum mate

taslucas
27th November 2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard Patrolee. Thats sounds like a scary experience with the cruise control! Goodluck in the future

Dhuck
27th November 2011, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

2TROLLFAM
27th November 2011, 06:37 PM
Hey WOW I just joined today and the welcoming has been awesome ... Looking forward to getting off my iPhone, onto my computer and really checking the forum out fully

Bigrig
27th November 2011, 07:05 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Enjoy!

AB
28th November 2011, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
28th November 2011, 12:51 PM
Hey Buddy, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

timbar
28th November 2011, 01:34 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

timbar
28th November 2011, 01:37 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

timbar
28th November 2011, 01:50 PM

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Patrolee
18th February 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi all! I feel VERY welcomed now. All your offers of help are very welcome. I haven't been on the forum for a while, so have spent the last few hours catching up on GU reading. If I don't find answere to my questions about brakes and audio, I post. Cheers, Laura