PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Killametre
25th November 2011, 09:51 PM
G'Day my name is Andrew, I have just bought a GQ wagon so I can take the family on a few off road adventures. I am interested in setting it up and thought a forum would be a great place to start by seeing what others had done, what works and what doesnt etc. I have Travelled the outback for many years on my motorcycle but now would like to take the family to see some of the wonders of Australia.

Cheers Andrew

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
25th November 2011, 09:53 PM
G'day Andrew

Welcome to the forum an great to have you here. Any pics of your truck?

Take care out there.

Rossco

wildgu6
25th November 2011, 09:57 PM
Hey Andrew, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences
Hang around & Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers Pete

YNOT
25th November 2011, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Andrew.

Tony

teleman
25th November 2011, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the best forum is Aus. Happy Hunting!!

Killametre
25th November 2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks Guys, no pics yet only had it a week and still flat out doing a few repairs for RWC

belzi82
25th November 2011, 10:38 PM
welcome to the forum

NissanGQ4.2
25th November 2011, 11:08 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Andrew

Great bunch of guys and girls on here and always willing 2 help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Silver
25th November 2011, 11:09 PM
G'day Andrew and welcome to you and your family!

growler2058
26th November 2011, 05:20 AM
G'day Andrew welcome aboard mate, gotta good friendly mob here full of great info and advice

Bigrig
26th November 2011, 05:51 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Enjoy!

Sir Roofy
26th November 2011, 08:00 AM
welcome aboard andrew enjoy your stay

nowoolies
26th November 2011, 09:08 AM
g`day Andrew
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Finly Owner
26th November 2011, 09:19 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Andrew

Tim

Killametre
26th November 2011, 09:32 PM
can anyone give me the idiots giude to upload photos as i have not done it before??
thanks in advance

YNOT
26th November 2011, 09:41 PM
can anyone give me the idiots giude to upload photos as i have not done it before??
thanks in advance
Easiest way is to click on "go advanced" when you are writing a post. Look for the paper clip icon, click on that and it will open the file manager and let you upload photo's directly from your computer. Resizing you photo's down to about 640x480 before uploading is a good idea.

Tony

Killametre
26th November 2011, 10:16 PM
Tony could you give me a heads up on how to resize pics???
Thanks Andrew

Killametre
26th November 2011, 10:25 PM
Think I got it just a quick pic in the dark

Clunk
26th November 2011, 10:28 PM
g'day Andrew and welcome aboard mate......................... some guys use Paint (which I haven't worked out how to use), or you ccan use Microsoft Office Picture manager, open up the picture you want, click on edit pictures, then click on resize, the choose the resolution as Tony said above. The other way is if you have a Facebook, photobucket, flicker account, you can upload your photos to there and copy the link to the insert image button - looks like a picture in a frame.

Clunk
26th November 2011, 10:31 PM
Think I got it just a quick pic in the dark

nice pic mate but I reckon you'd be better off starting up a thread in the Members rides as the intro thread tends to get a little forgotten once the intros are made

Killametre
26th November 2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah I might wait to get a decent one before i post there this was just a test realy, I used photoshop but i could not find how to do the resolution ,only the size??? I am not that handy with the puter :)

Clunk
26th November 2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah I might wait to get a decent one before i post there this was just a test realy, I used photoshop but i could not find how to do the resolution ,only the size??? I am not that handy with the puter :)

all good mate, pic came out well and a good size too

YNOT
26th November 2011, 11:01 PM

It's the resizing I was referring to. I find it a bit annoying when you open up a thread and there are photos 3 times wider than the screen. 640x480 fits neatly.
On my old work computer I open the photo's in paint, click on "image" then "stretch/skew" and usually 25% length and width to get the right size.

Tony

Maxhead
27th November 2011, 10:10 AM
G'Day Andrew, welcome to the forum mate

taslucas
27th November 2011, 12:58 PM
Gday Andrew. You'll find plenty of info on here to help your quest into the wonders of australia! Goodluck

taslucas
27th November 2011, 01:04 PM
g'day Andrew and welcome aboard mate......................... some guys use Paint (which I haven't worked out how to use), or you ccan use Microsoft Office Picture manager, open up the picture you want, click on edit pictures, then click on resize, the choose the resolution as Tony said above. The other way is if you have a Facebook, photobucket, flicker account, you can upload your photos to there and copy the link to the insert image button - looks like a picture in a frame.

I use Microsoft paint to resize my pics. Just open a photo in paint, then hold control W. This brings up a resizing window where you can resize the image.
goodluck

AB
28th November 2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Andy D
28th November 2011, 10:33 AM
Andrew welcome,with a name like that and your wise choice of a GQ as weapon of choice , it all looks good from here at Brighton Q,
I am also a newbie on this site , you made a good choice.
From Andrew (AndyD) 91GQ 4.2 Oiler,White for purity and hiding scratches, DTS Turbo from AMMS Sandgate,Lockers 5 doors, Out of Town LRT, 50mm lift,designer rusted,Panel damage by me.Sometimes it cries when I get behind the wheel.Photos beyond my abilities to send as yet.

timbar
28th November 2011, 02:00 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim