PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer

belzi82
25th November 2011, 10:09 PM
Okay so I was getting truck envy last weekend at the meet-up and I have been doing lots of thinking. Have started work on a fold down table and now considering a turbo timer.
A few q's
- Are they easy to install??
- What is the best brand??

I had a look on ebay today and was looking at

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GU-Y61-2-8-3LT-TD42-Turbo-Timer-/260869997903?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbd10454f

Thoughts anyone???

belzi82
25th November 2011, 10:36 PM
I had been quoted $310 by patrolapart to install one but can get for around $200-$250 on ebay!!

I may just bite the bullet and buy one!!

YNOT
25th November 2011, 10:57 PM
As far as I know Boggard is a good brand. The GU is a popular model so hopefully they have a plug in kit to suit, if they do installing it should be relatively easy.

Tony

big_fletch
25th November 2011, 11:28 PM
The boggard is a very good unit and what I have in my troll.. They are also factory fitted in kenworth trucks which says something straight away.. If I was going to recommend one, that would be it 100%

Fletcha

belzi82
25th November 2011, 11:31 PM
The boggard is a very good unit and what I have in my troll.. They are also factory fitted in kenworth trucks which says something straight away.. If I was going to recommend one, that would be it 100%

Fletcha

Thanks Fletch, would I be able to install it with my limited knowledge???

big_fletch
25th November 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks Fletch, would I be able to install it with my limited knowledge???

Boggard make a turbo timer that just plugs in to the GU, so if the one on eBay is the plug in model then yes I don't see why not.. They generally plug into the wiring at the ign switch, then you stick the controls where you like as they have adhesive backing so you can stick it where you like and run the lead to the control box that u hide out of view under the dash somewhere.. They also come with pretty good instructions as well

belzi82
25th November 2011, 11:41 PM
Thank-you Fletch!!