PDA

View Full Version : New Member with GU.

GRA.GU
25th November 2011, 09:40 AM
Gooday all. My name is Graeme and I drive an 07 CRD auto DX that I've fitted out for mainly solo touring [ my wife reckons shes past the camping age]. Having retired, I now have more time to chase this interest, and of course the modifications to the vehicle, even if some are minor, are ongoing.

I was introduced to driving 4WDs when in the late 60s I worked for the Snowy Mountains Authority as a chainman for a geologist, and was given a short wheelbase Land Rover - which I of course assumed was for me to play with! LOL. Despite an ongoing interest in camping I didn't purchase a 4WD until 10 years ago, but since then have done the "iconic" trips I'd dreamed of, mostly in a 1HZ Troopy. But being my everyday runabout, I decided to go with the more nimble and more civilised GU that I bought at government auction. It was 6 months old, 15,000ks with steel bull bar and Warn winch.

I was attracted to this forum by the attitude of its responses, ie the genuineness. It makes a change from some where the aim seems to be to show how "superior" they are and how "inferior" their fellow members.

I 'm happy to be part of the Forum.

Graeme.

Sir Roofy
25th November 2011, 09:46 AM
Welcome aboard graeme enjoy your stay
sounds like you may have a few tales to tell us ---lol

belzi82
25th November 2011, 09:49 AM
HI Graeme,
Welcome to the forum, it is full of a bunch of great guys and girls.
Where about's do you live? Still up near the snowy mountains???

Can't wait to see piccies of your truck!

growler2058
25th November 2011, 09:55 AM
Gday Graeme welcome aboard, gotta good mob here full of great info and advice

GRA.GU
25th November 2011, 09:58 AM
Gooday Roofy Belzi and Growlers and thank you for your welcomes . Yes, I should have mentioned I'm at Sutherland, on the south side of Sydney.
Cheers Fellas.

DX grunt
25th November 2011, 10:03 AM
G'day Graeme

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard. Feel free to share some pics of your truck. Just remember to blank out your number plates.

Take care out there.

Rossco

AB
25th November 2011, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, good intro!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 10:13 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Don't be fooled by our genuineness mate!!! We're all in it for ourselves!!!! lmao!!!

Enjoy!

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Don't listen to Bigrig. He is one of those people "mine is better". ROFL

Maxhead
25th November 2011, 12:52 PM
G'Day Graeme, welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
25th November 2011, 07:44 PM
Hey Graeme, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences
Hang around & Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Nice intro, Thanks for your kind words mate. We try to make all welcome and keep it family friendly.
Hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers Pete

teleman
25th November 2011, 10:24 PM
Great to have another with a great attitude and a great truck. Welcome aboard.

Silver
25th November 2011, 11:20 PM
Welcome, Graeme.

nowoolies
26th November 2011, 09:13 AM
g`day Graeme
welcom on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Finly Owner
26th November 2011, 09:16 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Graeme

Tim

Clunk
27th November 2011, 12:25 AM
g'day Graeme and welcome aboard mate

timbar
28th November 2011, 03:18 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim