PDA

View Full Version : Get your health checked NOW

chester
24th November 2011, 09:04 PM
Hi all, im not telling you this for sympathy more to highlight that you never know.
A fella i know was on his way to work yesterday with his dad when he said "i don't feel so good"as soon as he said it he slumped in his seat,he had a heart attack.His dad pulled the car up and tryed to revive him but it was to late.He was fit,healthy,and very far from overweight if anything he was under weight.Here's the cruncher he was 27 yrs old.
It has opened my eye's up that's for sure,you hear of older people having them but think im young won't happen to me yet WRONG.

It's made me think about life and how it could be over at any second,ive rang my sister's today that i rarely speak to,and made sure that my wife and kids know how much i love them.
Don't ever think im young don't need to worry about that yet,get to your GP and get checked over just for peice of mind.
And let the one's you love know how much, you may just never get the chance.
27 far to young to go like that.
R.I.P stu

AB
24th November 2011, 09:09 PM
Shame mate, sorry to hear about your mate.

That is crazy for such a young age...You've got me worried now!!!

You can also do the free worksite health check where they come in and do all of the employees....Speak to your bosses about it.

its' free and only takes 10 minutes.

NissanGQ4.2
24th November 2011, 09:13 PM
Doesn't matter if your young and fit or fat and old, if its time its time. Always get a regualar check up with your GP.

may you rest in peace stu

Maxhead
24th November 2011, 09:17 PM
Mate, bad news about your friend. Sorry to hear.
This is why you need to live your life to the fullest , don't hold back. Just go and do it. You just don't know when your day is up. And I'm not trying to be a smartarse here I just think everyone has a day when they go. Obviously definetly try and stay healthy

Silver
24th November 2011, 09:22 PM
and don't forget to get the yuckie stuff checked too, esp if overweight for a while, a bit keen on the grog and over 45

the ferret
24th November 2011, 09:22 PM
Old father time can get a bit impatient at times, yep, get it checked out fer sure, even if you feel on top of the world.
AND, not just boys, everyone who has a heart, lungs, bowel etc etc etc. and that's most of us!!
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/gloveson.jpg
Cheers, the ferret.

wildgu6
24th November 2011, 09:34 PM
What a waste, 27 is too early no matter what, lost my younger Sis at 22, lived a good life and had so many prospects for the future. But like Todd said when your times up thats it. Fat skinny fit or not its still hard to comprehend. The miss's x hubby was a fit and healthy soccer coach worked 6 days a week and enjoyed life, had a cough for a few weeks and went to doc' sent him to hospital and gone 6 weeks later,

Its never easy, Sorry to hear about your mate buddy,Condolences to his family and friends.

YNOT
24th November 2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your mate Chester.

It definately pays to take care of yourself etc but you just never know when your time is coming. My first wife went to work as normal on the 17th of July 2000, she was 29, around midday that day her heart stopped and she couldn't be revived. She was already being monitered for a heart murmar but was considered to be in a low risk group for heart failure-her time had come.

I took a lot of comfort knowing that she died with her friends (work mates) around her and that she didn't die while she was driving to work, or even at home where I would have found her when I got home hours later. It was an immensly difficult time in my life and I'm tearing up remembering it now, but death is a part of life, we just have to do everything we can to postpone it for as long as possible.

Tony

Edit, on a brighter note I decided that in typical aussie bloke style I would deal with my loss by going on a road trip. I ended up down at Repco 2 days later to get something (I can't remember what it was) for my GQ to get it ready. When it was my turn to be served at the parts counter Jason (who was serving me) asked how I was. I said quetly "I've had better weeks". The smug SOB standing in line behind me said loudly "you don't know what a bad day is!", which of course got the attention of everyone else in the store. I calmly turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said just as loud "my wife died on Tuesday and I have to bury her tomorrow a$$hole!". Picture one big bloke trying desperately to shrink down into his work boots out of embarassment as he quietly mumbled "sorry mate".

It still makes me laugh every time I think about it.

the ferret
24th November 2011, 09:42 PM
What can I say Tony, probably nothing.
May she rest peacefully and remain in your heart for ever.
Rod.

chester
24th November 2011, 10:24 PM
What can I say Tony, probably nothing.
May she rest peacefully and remain in your heart for ever.
Rod.x2

A friend wrote on facebook,why not take a murderer,thief or rapest,why take the one's that light up a room and make's everyone's life a bit better.
As said above when it's your turn there's not much you can do about it

DX grunt
24th November 2011, 10:39 PM
Rip Stu. Condolences Chester.

I'm also testimony to keeping your health in check. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and was one of the fortunate ones who's beaten it.

No more pills, but technically, I'm in remission from a chronic disease - diabetes - even though I've lost 20kg and not on any medication!

While we're on this subject.......Do you have a will? Does your spouse have a will? Do your adult kids and their spouses have a will.

IS YOUR WILL CURRENT?

Sorry to bring this subject up, but we all need to at least think about it.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Finly Owner
26th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Hi all, im not telling you this for sympathy more to highlight that you never know.
A fella i know was on his way to work yesterday with his dad when he said "i don't feel so good"as soon as he said it he slumped in his seat,he had a heart attack.His dad pulled the car up and tryed to revive him but it was to late.He was fit,healthy,and very far from overweight if anything he was under weight.Here's the cruncher he was 27 yrs old.
It has opened my eye's up that's for sure,you hear of older people having them but think im young won't happen to me yet WRONG.

It's made me think about life and how it could be over at any second,ive rang my sister's today that i rarely speak to,and made sure that my wife and kids know how much i love them.
Don't ever think im young don't need to worry about that yet,get to your GP and get checked over just for peice of mind.
And let the one's you love know how much, you may just never get the chance.
27 far to young to go like that.
R.I.P stu Hey Chester, it hurts to lose a Mate too soon. My condolences Mate to you and his family

Tim

Sorry to hear about your mate Chester.

It definately pays to take care of yourself etc but you just never know when your time is coming. My first wife went to work as normal on the 17th of July 2000, she was 29, around midday that day her heart stopped and she couldn't be revived. She was already being monitered for a heart murmar but was considered to be in a low risk group for heart failure-her time had come.

I took a lot of comfort knowing that she died with her friends (work mates) around her and that she didn't die while she was driving to work, or even at home where I would have found her when I got home hours later. It was an immensly difficult time in my life and I'm tearing up remembering it now, but death is a part of life, we just have to do everything we can to postpone it for as long as possible.

Tony

Edit, on a brighter note I decided that in typical aussie bloke style I would deal with my loss by going on a road trip. I ended up down at Repco 2 days later to get something (I can't remember what it was) for my GQ to get it ready. When it was my turn to be served at the parts counter Jason (who was serving me) asked how I was. I said quetly "I've had better weeks". The smug SOB standing in line behind me said loudly "you don't know what a bad day is!", which of course got the attention of everyone else in the store. I calmly turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said just as loud "my wife died on Tuesday and I have to bury her tomorrow a$$hole!". Picture one big bloke trying desperately to shrink down into his work boots out of embarassment as he quietly mumbled "sorry mate".

It still makes me laugh every time I think about it.
Tony,

I have never wanted to pry, and getting to know you and your family, I gt their was still pain there, naturally. I would have loved to be in Repco when you let go though! I don't know where you get your strength sometimes.

Rip Stu. Condolences Chester.

I'm also testimony to keeping your health in check. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and was one of the fortunate ones who's beaten it.

No more pills, but technically, I'm in remission from a chronic disease - diabetes - even though I've lost 20kg and not on any medication!

While we're on this subject.......Do you have a will? Does your spouse have a will? Do your adult kids and their spouses have a will.

IS YOUR WILL CURRENT?

Sorry to bring this subject up, but we all need to at least think about it.

Take care out there.

Rossco Ross congradulations for getting off the daily pills Mate. My other half was on one and is down to half. Hoping she can go to none in New Year.

Tim

the ferret
26th November 2011, 11:35 PM
Truer words were never spoken, I've done me will, but I'm not leave'n me lathe to anyone, it's go'n in the box with me, lol
Cheers, the ferret.

Silver
27th November 2011, 10:05 PM
Truer words were never spoken, I've done me will, but I'm not leave'n me lathe to anyone, it's go'n in the box with me, lol
Cheers, the ferret.

Pity your pall bearers!!!!!! :-)