PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member from Qld.

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 11:29 AM
Greetings all,
I am known as Andy D in our 4x4 club in Brisbane.The club has become as a family to me in my near
6.5 decades of stealing oxygen,and, I believe there are already others from our club, already enjoying your great forum. QNP4wdC has been the vehicle for trips to VHC, Cameron Corner to Lyndhurst to Birdsville / Simpson Desert , Innaminka, Snowy Mountains twice in winter, Wollemi. Goulbourn N P, Cania Gorge , Sundown NP, LCMP,Fraser Is, Barrington Tops, the list goes on.
One of the things I have found is that the majority of 4wd folk are obliging, helpful, generous, fun,and, dare I say it , even a little a little demented ( in my case). Always willing to offer assistance,our club members have recovered many tourists from the sand on Fraser Island,offering in VHC to assist in the recovery of a Landcruiser 100 series which had run off the snow covered road and was perched on the edge of a steep slope. Offer declined, embarrassment overcame an extremely dangerous situation. A HI Lux was trying to retrieve it using ( A DOG CHAIN) believe it, and all in some of the first heavy snow up near Horse Yard Flats in May this Year. Why don't people all carry snatch straps? I carry four, since needing a 6 strap tug at LCMP in 08.
We had decided to end our visit by 2 days as we were snowed in and thus missed out on the run up Blue Rag, a good decision at the time.
Yesterday I tried to list some of my experiences relating to your ''Which Awning''subject in your forum, and wasted a lot of time with my one fingered typing, as it was not accepted , I believe , because I failed to introduce myself. I hope I am on the right path now. Are my comments from yesterday irretrievable? I am no technophobe as you may have noticed, and sending photos is a pipe dream.

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 11:36 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it.

Be great to catchup at one of our trips also mate, so hope to see you out so we can share a coldie!!!

Enjoy!

Dhuck
23rd November 2011, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
23rd November 2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay
some one better than me will explain how to post pics up
once you have done a couple you will find it easy then move onto
small vids im 62 and just learning about computers and type with one finger----pml

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for your welcome Big Rig, it is very much appreciated.Our club meets at Mt. Gravatt 3rd Monday each month, I live near Sandgate however, so clock up a few Ks as a result. Your tombstone is me to a T.
Andy D.

growler2058
23rd November 2011, 12:10 PM
Gday Andy D welcome aboard mate, gotta good mob here full of great info and advice

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 12:15 PM
And thank you also Dhuck a quick reply.

Andy D.

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 12:20 PM
Greetings , roofy, can I get a quote to check out the state of the roof or is there another reason for the name? Andy D.

Sir Roofy
23rd November 2011, 12:28 PM
greetings , roofy, can i get a quote to check out the state of the roof or is there another reason for the name? Andy d.

back in the younger days and now i wear akubra hats well one was that old that the sides saged down
and resembled the top of a roofing nail hence forth the nick name roofy its stayed with me for more than
i care to remember have a look at the craigs hut thread and im standing next to the sign

roofy

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 12:49 PM
Will do roofy , however it may take the rest of the day to do so, at my snails pace. We visited that hut in May this year, I was packing it for a good portion of the time in those mountains. Standing on a thick carpet is generally enough to start another nosebleed for me.

Andy D.

wildgu6
23rd November 2011, 01:50 PM
Andy D, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures.
Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 05:13 PM
Growlers71 GQ, Thank heavens there is someone else out there still driving the best 4b known to man. Rumour has it that on the 8th day God created the GQ and left it up to man to make every other style of vehicle.
Andy D.

growler2058
23rd November 2011, 05:31 PM
Growlers71 GQ, Thank heavens there is someone else out there still driving the best 4b known to man. Rumour has it that on the 8th day God created the GQ and left it up to man to make every other style of vehicle.
Andy D.

Hahahahahahaha I reckon I heard that aswell ;-()

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 05:54 PM
Hahahahahahaha I reckon I heard that aswell ;-()

Funny that, I heard it also - so it MUST be true!!!!! lmao

YNOT
23rd November 2011, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Andy.

Tony

GUtsy ute
23rd November 2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome Andy D,
I've been stealing oxygen as long as you have and love being on here since joining 6 months ago.

Plenty of members to tell you how to put up pics.
It's compulsory to put up a pic of your rig!!lol
Hope you enjoy being on here, look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers Gavin

Finly Owner
23rd November 2011, 11:04 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Andy, glad to see you made it. I might have to plan a trip to your place and show the pic upload trick to ya!

Tim

Tim

frenzy
24th November 2011, 12:07 AM
Welcome aboard from another QNP4WDC member.
Cheers,
Steve

wheels
24th November 2011, 10:04 PM
Welcome aboard. Hope you learn a lot here.

Maxhead
25th November 2011, 01:50 PM
G'Day Andy, welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
27th November 2011, 01:30 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

nowoolies
27th November 2011, 01:39 AM
g`day Andy
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

taslucas
27th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Andy. Welcome to the forum. Sing out if you want some help to post photos Because WE LOVE PICCIES on this forum:)

timbar
28th November 2011, 03:20 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim