PDA

View Full Version : gu 2.8 engine fail

mickhrt
22nd November 2011, 10:52 AM
engine has dropped timing adjuster and bent valves has not wrecked bottom end head was new may be able to repair where to get valves from and what sort of cost am i looking at to repair or easier to get another engine any advise would be good

rkinsey
22nd November 2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Mick,

I just had the same problem occur to me a few weeks ago.

It has cost me $1800.00 to have the head rebuilt with new valves and lifters. The CAM wasnt damaged so it didnt need replacing and I also had a timing belt kit put in to replace the old one that caused this mess in the first place (The timing belt tensioner bearing disintergrated).

After finishing this job I found a company in Melbourne who can replace the entire head including CAM for $2000.00. Check out this item on Ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-RD28-New-complete-assembled-cylinder-head-/320795674712?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab0e98858)

Or, if you live near western sydney, I can point you in the direction of my mechanic who has looked after me and my GQ quite well.

Cheers,

Rob

lachiek
30th November 2011, 02:54 PM
Hey Rob, what's the name of that Mechanic in Western Sydney? I'm looking for an upgrade...

rkinsey
30th November 2011, 03:15 PM
Hey Rob, what's the name of that Mechanic in Western Sydney? I'm looking for an upgrade...

PM sent with all the details.

What are you looking at doing?