PDA

View Full Version : maggiolina airtop or airland tent

rottodiver
21st November 2011, 11:30 PM
any one have one or know of anyone with them!!!! i think this is the way to go!!!! getting tiring packing up the arb simpson tents!!!

Scotty

rottodiver
22nd November 2011, 10:06 PM
hey Plasnart,
i have been thinking about it and today.... like you just cant justify it, i like the ease of them but i have the simpson tent already and then to buy that for 5000 as well is kinda silly!!! maybe if my simpson falls apart but until then i will be packing it the old fashioned way.....lol

Skull
22nd November 2011, 11:36 PM
Look like they would get hot though mate. Where are the windows. the roof top tents like ARB and open sky are all midgy mesh. That is a big plus for me here in Aus. You will catch even the slightest of breezes. Might not be so good in France though. Not as big either. Can you leave you sleeping gear in them?

rottodiver
23rd November 2011, 09:21 PM
hey Plasnart,
i emailed "jamesbaroud.com" this morning asking for a few details and prices and shipping costs etc.... i have had no response whatsoever!!!!
am curious to costs!!!

rottodiver
23rd November 2011, 11:49 PM
i just received a reply... quite interesting, way better price!!! here is the reply i received

"Hello Scott

We thank you very much for your enquiry about our James Baroud hard shell roof top tents.

I would like to tell you more on James Baroud, as it is very new in Australia. James Baroud is born 20 years ago to fulfill the needs of travelers in rough conditions, and is today the preferred equipment for all “rally raids” teams as in the “Paris Dakar”.
The quality of the components (high tech material, very strong hull) as well as the outstanding quality of building and finish, make the James Baroud tents a perfect solution to travel Australia, for week-ends or for long journeys, in comfort and with freedom.
Our brand was distributed in 22 countries, and did start the sales in Australia on May 16th. .
Our fist show was the Queensland Outdoor Adventure and Motoring Expo on July 30th, and we are very proud to have been awarded the trophy of “Best New product 2011”
We do not wish to be pretentious, but we must say that ALL comparative reviews published in many European magazines put James Baroud well ahead. One very interesting review was made on all sort of tracks for several month, with several tents. You can read it on our web site under the “download” tab : http://www.jamesbaroud.com.au/index.php?page=reviews
As for the price : on the global market, while James Baroud tents are always a little dearer than competition, all reviewers and users say that they are worth every cent of it.
In Australia, we did try to keep the price as low as the taxes and transport allows, and we are very happy, as we finally come to a sale price cheaper than competition, unlike in Europe.

The actual prices for the tent are :
Discovery Evo $3,700
Explorer Evo $4,200
Grand Raid Evo $4,700

Shipment on receipt of firm order, with TOLL IPEC.

Until December 5th shipping is offered free of charge

Any model fits the Patrol
Please do not hesitate to call us for any further information, or for our agent for a demo

Best regards

Valérie"

Scotty

Robopod
1st January 2012, 05:58 PM
I have one of these tents, I bought on ebay for around a grand, its old and has a couple of mods on it (bars drilled onto the top). Its perfect for touring if not a bit heavy (60 kilos). My 4.2 does not notice it, plus the diesel consumption is not badly affected. My only gripe is its not long enough for my 6'4" frame and I sleep cross ways in it, good job the missus does not like coming out or I guess I would be on the ground in the swag with the dog.
I keep my bedding in it and water has noy penetrated it yet even with the extra mods. There are cheaper versions on ebay at this moment from up north.
The orginal price in Italy for one of these is 1700 euros (approx $2,500) and in the US $3600 so I don't know why they are so expensive here. A direct import may be the go.
Cheers Robbo