PDA

View Full Version : ARB Simpson 2 rooftop tent

rottodiver
21st November 2011, 11:27 PM
this is weird!!!!!!!

my roof top tent cover needs replacing as the constant sun on it is making it very brittle.... it has protected the tent well but the cover is ready to go.... i rang ARB and they said.... sorry.. they only make simpson 3 covers now and i would have to buy straps and clips etc and see if i can make it fit!!

WHY would they stop making the cover of the simpson 2 when it is around now that they are going to need to be replaced while the simpson 3 covers should still be in good nick???

I am losing faith in ARB's lack of aftersales care!!!

i am going to replace my tent now with a maggiolina i think!!!!!

Scotty

Clunk
21st November 2011, 11:33 PM
sorry but because they can mate and do but you're right, it's pretty damn crazy that they dont keep stocks............... have you had it a while?

rottodiver
21st November 2011, 11:37 PM
had it for about 2 to 3 years.... and it is spot on.... and again it is only because of sun damage for all that time that it is starting to become fragile!!!!! and i believe the new covers use a bigger grade zip so i dont think it will even be compatable..... time to move on i think!!! it has served me well though, probably time for a change anyway!!! :)

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 11:41 PM
this is weird!!!!!!!

my roof top tent cover needs replacing as the constant sun on it is making it very brittle.... it has protected the tent well but the cover is ready to go.... i rang ARB and they said.... sorry.. they only make simpson 3 covers now and i would have to buy straps and clips etc and see if i can make it fit!!

WHY would they stop making the cover of the simpson 2 when it is around now that they are going to need to be replaced while the simpson 3 covers should still be in good nick???

I am losing faith in ARB's lack of aftersales care!!!

i am going to replace my tent now with a maggiolina i think!!!!!

Scotty
one of the reasons i stopped going there
try Tim at Oppisite Lock Midland
tell him i sent you he`s bound to charge you heaps more hahahahahahahahah
seriousley though he will look after you

rottodiver
22nd November 2011, 08:54 PM
After much consideration about keeping the simpson 2 tent or buying the maggiolina and finding it hard to justify $5000 dollars for a tent that opens itself because i am tooo lazy i decided before flying up to site today i went to ARB Canningvale, they were quite helpful suprisingly, and spoke about the tent cover issue, they then came out and measured mine oon the car, pulled one out of a packet and measured and it was pretty close, the straps go different ways so i have to use my old ones and the zip being a diggerent size didnt matter as it came with a new one to slide in the channel. i bought it $196.00 and got it home and put it on... all seemes ok!!!

Clunk
22nd November 2011, 10:33 PM
After much consideration about keeping the simpson 2 tent or buying the maggiolina and finding it hard to justify $5000 dollars for a tent that opens itself because i am tooo lazy i decided before flying up to site today i went to ARB Canningvale, they were quite helpful suprisingly, and spoke about the tent cover issue, they then came out and measured mine oon the car, pulled one out of a packet and measured and it was pretty close, the straps go different ways so i have to use my old ones and the zip being a diggerent size didnt matter as it came with a new one to slide in the channel. i bought it $196.00 and got it home and put it on... all seemes ok!!!

Great stuff, just goes to show that customer service isn't dead after all lol