PDA

View Full Version : cheap air lockers on ebay

ben10
21st November 2011, 09:33 PM
Hey team,
I have seen some cheap air lockers on ebay lately, one just went for $750 complete with compressor and all the fittings etc.
They are supposed to be a exact copy of arb's locker, or even re-badged.

Has anybody heard anything about them or seen one?
would be a great deal if they work well.

growler2058
21st November 2011, 10:47 PM
Yup just recently there was a thread regarding this can anyone remember its title

Woof
21st November 2011, 11:29 PM
To me cheap usually means nasty, just beware mate

ben10
26th November 2011, 10:24 AM
There is a new one up on ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Locker-and-Compressor-NEW-Suzuki-Toyota-Mitsubishi-Nissan-/230705327601?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b71bedf1

$750

Robbiedu
26th December 2011, 01:01 AM
Yes. Heard these are China copies of the real thing. Apparently ok for casual weekend off road adventure. Can not confirm and only hear-say.

macca86
26th December 2011, 08:22 AM
on the old tread the blokes liked them worked well. the arb video that compares the strength of thier locker vs import the axle broke first on the arb locker and the china locker shattered before the axle. you would need to be doing serious 4x4ing and comp stuff for you to reach these limits I reckon. if it was only used to get you out of a jam then why not. Also when getting a locker hust get a front locker and shim up the rear lsd

gu radelaide
2nd January 2012, 01:24 PM
yeah but it would prob smash when u need it most. also warrenty prob has none.

sibbles
4th January 2012, 03:10 AM
Since I´m not in Australia I´m not sure how much the ARB is there. Can anyone give me an idea. Calculating from these numbers it would probably be as expensive as an ARB locker only, and since we usually have aircompressor in the car I wouldn´t need one.

Has anyone contacted him and checked to see what only the locker is available for?