PDA

View Full Version : New member with GQ diesel for sale

KATIE
20th November 2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Andy, I am very new - about 10 minutes ago. Have a Nissan (I think GQ?) Dec 1990 model 4.2 L diesel which was my late husband's pride and joy. Reluctantly, need to sell. Not sure how to go about this. Has lots of extra's and has been a most reliable vehicle. Origially SES vehicle southern highlands, we were the third owners having purchased it in 1996. Has taken us around Australia on a 4 year sojourn and never missed a beat. Towed a big van and carried boat and trailer on roof as well. A Workhorse. I have just purchased a Nissan Dualis so this is surplus now to my needs, and I can't really do the maintenance on it any more. Your suggestions re: selling would be most welcome. regards, Katie

YNOT
20th November 2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Katie. I moved your post so it has its own thread.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, my condolences to you.

You will have no trouble selling your Patrol, the 4.2 diesels are a sought after model. The more details you can provide, mileage, extras etc the easier it will be to sell and the better the sale price will be. Photo's definately help, let us know if you need help loading photo's.

Tony

growler2058
20th November 2011, 05:40 PM
Hi Katie welcome aboard gotta good mob here sure to help you out.

Dhuck
20th November 2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Katie.

Woof
20th November 2011, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Katie, so sorry the here about you husband.....as Tony said the more info that you can provide the better, just be aware of selling it below it's real price, as good ones are very hard to come by.
All the best,
Wayne

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 07:50 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

chester
20th November 2011, 08:31 PM
Hi and welcome,as said above post a pic and list of the extra's it has on it,how may klm's on the clock? etc etc.
We on here would be more than happy to help you with a rough price of what it's worth.

Clunk
21st November 2011, 12:31 AM
Hi Katie and welcome aboard.............. I wont repeat what has already been said, hope it all goes well for you.

timbar
21st November 2011, 02:16 AM
G'day Katie - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

good Luck with sale of you GQ

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
21st November 2011, 07:00 AM
G'Day Katie, welcome to the forum mate...sorry to hear about your loss.

AB
21st November 2011, 07:06 AM
Hi Katie, sorry for your loss!

As Tony mentioned if you can provide some photos and more information then someone here will advise you on how much you should be able to get for it.

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 08:41 AM
g`day Katie
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

P M sent Katie

DX grunt
21st November 2011, 09:37 AM
G'day Katie.

Can you take some pics of the truck and post them on here? Many of us use photobucket to transfer photo's. 640 x 480 is a great size.

Take care out there.

Rossco

patch697
21st November 2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome aboard Katie & x2 on whats already been expressed.

The info on your request is pretty much already been covered so no point in repeating it but if your in need of help posting pictures & obtaining the info you require, contact either Andy, myself or any of the other Moderators, we will all be happy to help where we can.

Below is a link to where you can contact any one of us, just click on the name of the one you wish to contact & that will take you directly to there PM box where you can leave a message.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3105-Forum-Contacts

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Paul

MudRunnerTD
21st November 2011, 10:40 AM
Hey Katie, Good luck with your sale.

Where abouts are you? i bet there would be someone here that could help you get a good dollar for your GQ. If your in Victoria I'd be happy to come take a look and sort out a list of accessories for you to list in a good add to get the best value.

WARNING! Your GQ is worth Good money if it is in good nick. Being a 4.2 diesel is the premium model and should see you get good $$. Dont give it away. List it well for a good return.

There are a few places to list it and i would be happy to help with some direction so the right people find it.

Depending on what it has on it and how many kms you should get from $8,000 to $13,000 at least! If its real tidy and genuine low kms then even a fair bit more might be possible.

Good luck with your sale and your new life

Regards MR

wildgu6
22nd November 2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Katie, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable, loads of support here

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Sir Roofy
22nd November 2011, 08:23 PM
welcome aboard katie enjoy your stay

Finly Owner
22nd November 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Katie. Sorry for the loss of you Husband. Best of luck with the sale of the Patrol. Put up some pics here and it should help you move it on.

Tim

KATIE
24th November 2011, 05:37 PM
Hi Tony, I have taken some pics but don't know how to send themto you on this forum. I have them in a word doc and can email but that's the limit of my experience. Also have some details regarding extras. Regards, Katie

KATIE
24th November 2011, 05:51 PM
Hi - am attempting to attach word doc with pics - about 800kb - is that too big? Katie

YNOT
24th November 2011, 05:51 PM
Private message sent.

Tony

david swb
24th November 2011, 06:52 PM
sorry katie to hear about your loss i almost lost my husband 5 yrs ago so i know what you must be going through hope you have success selling the GQ cheers lisa & dave

YNOT
24th November 2011, 07:14 PM
sorry katie to hear about your loss i almost lost my husband 5 yrs ago so i know what you must be going through hope you have success selling the GQ cheers lisa & dave

Welcome to the forum Lisa and Dave. When you get a minute how about popping up an introduction telling us abit about yourself and your Patrol, no harm done. And if you and your husband are sharing the one user name it would be good if you could put your name at the bottom of each post so we know who we're talking to.

I lost my first wife when I was 28, I've since remarried and have 3 kids.

Tony

YNOT
26th November 2011, 08:40 PM
I have just recieved some photo's from Katie, very nice looking Patrol.

12/90 GQ Patrol DX TD42

It has an ARB bull bar with Warn high mount winch, and a Safari snorkel. Otherwise it's been kept close to standard.
Looks like it may have a small patch of rust above the rear window on the RHS and maybe a dent in the RH sill under the drivers door.
I don't know what mileage it has on it but I would think $12,000 would be a reasonable asking price.

Tony

KATIE
27th November 2011, 06:38 AM
I have just recieved some photo's from Katie, very nice looking Patrol.

12/90 GQ Patrol DX TD42

It has an ARB bull bar with Warn high mount winch, and a Safari snorkel. Otherwise it's been kept close to standard.
Looks like it may have a small patch of rust above the rear window on the RHS and maybe a dent in the RH sill under the drivers door.
I don't know what mileage it has on it but I would think $12,000 would be a reasonable asking price.

Tony

Hi Tony, it has 398000 Kms, does have rust also around the front windows (the little small front windows black metal bit) and yes there are spots of rust along the back edge of the bonnet but I think very manageable. We have always (usually) serviced it at about 5000 kms changing filters and using only the highest quality oil. Since purchasing it at 156,000 Kms it has had Pro-Ma DTF fuel Treatment and Pro-Ma MBL 8 oil additive. it has: Snorkel, Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Steel Bullbar with High Mount Warn Winch, Towbar, Roof Rack (can send photo), 2 Drawers, Cargo Barrier, Recovery Gear, Dual Batteries, Central Locking, Air conditioning, CD player, UHF Radio, 398,000Kms,New front shocks fitted May 2011,Full Set Workshop Manuals.
The dent was courtesy of the SES who were the original owners. Hope this can spread more light on it's condition. Regards, Kate

KATIE
27th November 2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks Lisa and Dave - Pete put up a great fight for five years but had a very aggressive form of prostate cancer, so you men out there - don't be shy - go a let some other man (or lady if that's your preference) check out your prostate. He really loved this patrol and looked after it and it served us well, really reluctant to let it go but not practical for me now. Also have a beautiful caravan that Pete finishing building just before he died, it will also have to go - although for our last three trips I did all the towing and it's a dream to tow, not much fun alone. Cheers, Katie

YNOT
27th November 2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks Kate.

With close to 400,000km on it $10,000 is probably a more reasonable price, but as someone said on here yesterday "it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it". I still think you will have no trouble selling it.

Tony

KATIE
27th November 2011, 06:46 AM
g`day Katie
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

P M sent Katie

Hi Paul - have sent pics to Tony and he has posted them, Also I have today provided details of the extra etc, tried to call you Thu but will try again. Regards, Katie

KATIE
27th November 2011, 06:48 AM
Yes, I agree, I initially thought that but have put $8900 on it and that's what I want for it, have been offered $7k but thought that was just too low. Regards, Katie

chester
27th November 2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks Kate.

With close to 400,000km on it $10,000 is probably a more reasonable price, but as someone said on here yesterday "it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it". I still think you will have no trouble selling it.

Tony400,000km just ran in LOL!!
I would put $12,000 on it and be prepard to go down to $10,000.
A nice neat GQ TD42 with the extra's it has is getting hard to find.