PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 magazines

Leighw85
20th November 2011, 05:19 PM
Hi all

Just wondering what magazines you blokes read, if any?
some of them have brilliant ideas in them.
I have a subscription to 4wd Action and lets say it gives me many of hours entertainment, but cost me alot of money after you see what others have done to there 4x4's.

So is there any other good magz out there?
If so what are they and why are they good?

YNOT
20th November 2011, 05:46 PM
I have subscriptions to 4WD Action and 4WD custom action. When your subscription comes up for renewal they call you with all sorts of offers for bits and pieces you don't need. If you lean on them a bit at this time you can get your subscriptions for almost half price.

Some of the writers in those mags have a definate anti Nissan bias, others are OK.
There are some good ideas in custom action mags, not just for the car but for the shed as well.

I'm not happy with EMG (express motoring group) new telemarketing methods. They get a machine to call you and hang up on you when you answer. You then instinctively call the number back only to get a recorded message with their latest deals. You pay for their telemarketing, and they will call you EVERY DAY, not happy. I've since contacted EMG and asked them to remove my phone number from their system.

Tony

growler2058
20th November 2011, 06:33 PM
Im gunna re subscribe to 4wd custom but probably not 4wd action its gettin g repetitive with new names for same content. i do like the dvd's though. Its also seems theres more adverts or sponsors than articles of late. may have a look at that Pat Callinhans hes puttin a mag out i think

Woof
20th November 2011, 07:17 PM
I am so over the same old crap just with more ads in 4wd action, even over their dvds............cannot stand roothy and his mate.
As for other mags, I just keep up to date on this forum, as it has everything that I need to know and more (which I don't):oops::cheers:

growler2058
20th November 2011, 07:22 PM
I am so over the same old crap just with more ads in 4wd action, even over their dvds............cannot stand roothy and his mate.
As for other mags, I just keep up to date on this forum, as it has everything that I need to know and more (which I don't):oops::cheers:

And heaps of manbag support ay doggy hehehehahahaheheheheheahahahHAH

taslucas
21st November 2011, 01:21 PM
Ive been buying the 4wd Action and Extreme 4wd for a while now. I started buying the Extreme mag from its first issue. I find that it is now just a "cut and past" magazine, the last 4/5 magazines have hardly had any new material at all. And the DVDs that came with them are obviously just whatever was lying around the emg warehouse. If anyone from emg is reading this please put a little more effort into the Extreme 4wd magazine. I am a loyal reader/buyer, the first 15 or so mags were great but these days it only takes 5 minutes to flick through it because it is all reprinted either from 4wd Action or Extreme 4wd or Custom utes etc.... Oh and the "free" magazine they throw in with Extreme 4wd is just another Extreme 4wd from a few issues earlier!? Which i already have from loyally purchasing each issue.

Wow that turned into a bit of a rant lol i didnt know i felt so strongly!!
I dont think i will be buying many if any mags in the future, As Dogman says this forum has everything i need to know and it talks back to me not like a magazine!

taslucas
21st November 2011, 01:24 PM
Oh i forgot to mention.. a magazine that is still very new but looks like it will be well worth reading is the NISSAN PATROL MAGAZINE which can be found in the general chat section. Cant wait for another installment AB.