PDA

View Full Version : p40 engine in a gq?

evilhighway
19th November 2011, 02:36 PM
As i have asked in the newbie intro section while saying hi I thought I may ask here too.
Can the P40 engine bolt straight onto the gq auto box for a tb42 or is it a no go? If it does go, can the carbies interchange ie the gq carby on the p40 manifold?

YNOT
19th November 2011, 03:28 PM
I've never heard of anyone swapping a TB42 for a P40 so I don't know if anyone will be able to help you. Legally the P40 will not conform to the emission regulations relevant to the build date of the vehicle so the swap would not be legal.
If you look around you will find complete TB42 engines going cheap fairly easily, would be much easier than trying to fit a P40. If you live down around Lismore but find an engine in Brisbane/Gold Coast area I may be able to bring it down for you, I travel to Lismore at least once a month for work.

Tony

evilhighway
19th November 2011, 04:04 PM
Yeh thats what I thought too but i found a p40 pretty cheap and had no idea about them. Hence the questians. I will keep an eye out for a complete engine as it my be a better option too and thankyou for the offer of help i really do appreciate it. I will let you know how I go.