PDA

View Full Version : Heya, new member from NZ

NZDaz
18th November 2011, 06:52 PM
G'day,
I have a 99 Terrano with the ZD30, very keen to get it all sorted out with a blocked EGR, Catch can, Dawes valves etc.

I know the Terrano / Pathfinder isnt a Patrol but hey same / similar engine.

I have an EGT and boost gauge I want to install first up but not too sure if I will be able to drill and tap the pipe after the turbo or if the EGT probe fitting will need to be welded. Not too sure where to install a boost gauge take off either.

So you will hear a bit from me in the future as I try and get all set up.

Cheers,
Daz

DX grunt
18th November 2011, 06:55 PM
G'day Daz

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco

growler2058
18th November 2011, 06:58 PM
Gday Daz welcome aboard mate

YNOT
18th November 2011, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Daz. I'm a Terrano owner as well, '93 model in my case.

Are you able to post a close up photo of the turbo? There are 2 different versions of the ZD30, the Patrol version has a VNT turbo and the Navara spec has a wastegated turbo. You need to establish which turbo you have to know how to control the boost.

A photo of the engine bay would also help us workout a suitable spot for the boost gauge take off point as it may be different to a Patrol layout.

If you are trying to fit the EGT sensor into the pipe (as opposed to a cast iron manifold) then it would be best to have a fitting welded on.

Photo's, we love photo's.

Tony

Dhuck
18th November 2011, 07:06 PM
Bloody Kiwi's. lol. Welcome to the forum mate. Even know it aint a Patrol you have com to the right place for info, to an extent.

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 07:36 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

wildgu6
18th November 2011, 08:08 PM
Hey Daz, welcome aboard the best site around.
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures.
Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

HippoNZ
18th November 2011, 08:20 PM
wheres abouts in nz are you mate, post some piccies!

Finly Owner
18th November 2011, 09:45 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Daz

Tim

Clunk
19th November 2011, 01:16 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

NZDaz
19th November 2011, 09:17 AM
Hippo, North Shore at the moment mate.

Cheers for the welcome guys.

A few pics to follow when I sort out photobucket etc.

nowoolies
19th November 2011, 09:19 AM
g`day Daz
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

NZDaz
19th November 2011, 09:42 AM
Some Pics, Truck is a 99 Terrano, Japanese import and has done 160K. As far as I know it is completely standard.

Overall engine bay
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/Darrilius/IMG_8025.jpg

Top view of turbo
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/Darrilius/IMG_8032.jpg

Looking rearwards at front of turbo, pretty tricky to photograph in here!
As far as I can make out the writing on the turbo reads,
DL 0352J
14411-2W203
VGE?54-12
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/Darrilius/IMG_8035.jpg

From the right looking across, is the hose circled the one which you fellas put a catch can in?
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/Darrilius/IMG_8036.jpg

And finally across the top of the turbo from the left, the circled hose wouldn't be a boost line would it? with a damper circled further up?
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/Darrilius/IMG_8037.jpg

Sorry if the picture size is too big, let me know and I will resize in future.
I haven't pulled the heat shield of the turbo yet and I know I will need to in order to put the pyro in but this is my daily drive and I need it today!

YNOT
19th November 2011, 12:34 PM
The hose circled in the 4th photo is the correct one to put the catch can in.
The same photo also shows your turbo is a VNT unit so the dawes and needle set up will be needed to control boost.
The line circled in the last photo will be a vacuum line.
I can't tell from those photo's if there is a suitable boost pick up point, there may be one hidden under the shroud. If there is no suitable pick up point (as per Patrols) then you will need to get a fitting welded onto the pipe coming back from the intercooler.

That engine bay layout is better than the Patrols (in my opinion anyway) because it has a front mount intercooler.

Tony

NZDaz
19th November 2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks YNOT, I'll chuck in a catch can on that line, seems the easiest place to start and then pull the shroud off when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Darryl

timbar
20th November 2011, 12:10 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
21st November 2011, 07:06 AM
G'Day Daz, welcome to the forum mate