PDA

View Full Version : speakers

anwarg
18th November 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi,

The speakers in my GU-Ti is really badly worn out and sound terrible.

I would like to know how to strip the door pads without damagin them so that I can access th speakers.

Also does anyone know what the dimensions of the speakers are so that I can start shopping around for replacements.

Tx.

Regards

AG

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 04:45 PM
Not sure on the size mate, but getting the door trims off is not overly difficult - mostly push in/pop in plugs around the edges and screws in the mouldings/armrests/map holders (if you have them.

Might be best to take these off, remove the speakers and lob off to a car stereo mob with the speakers (Brisbane Car Sound, Northfield, etc) and ask them for decent replacements that'd suit.

Mazodude
18th November 2011, 06:19 PM
Might be best to take these off, remove the speakers and lob off to a car stereo mob with the speakers (Brisbane Car Sound, Northfield, etc) and ask them for decent replacements that'd suit.
If you don't want to worry about the door panels they will also install them for you.

anwarg
18th November 2011, 11:45 PM
Thank you.

Skull
19th November 2011, 01:06 AM
Alpine 6.5 fit. You will need to take a fine slither off the inside of your frond speaker mounts (plastic pod behind the trim) to clear the diameter. It is about 3mm too small. Just use a sharp stanley. Otherwise they screw in with the original screw holes. To get the trims off reef off the arm rest pad (tis clipped on fair firm) then you will see the screws that hold in your ELEC windows and the door trim to the door. Flick the lil surround off your handle by stretching the outer rim down at the bottom (has four lugs that just lock over the edge of the handle mech). Then unclip all the tabs around the edge of the door trim. Use a wide flat item like a steel rule or paint scraper. Slide it in between the trim and the door, slide along till it stops on one of the tabs then turn it to pop the tab out of the door ( the tabs are attatched to the trim). Once this is all done pull the trim away from the door slightly to clear speaker (will be attatched all the way along the window via a moulded wiper felt) and then lift the rear of the trim to lift the wiper felt on the window and pull out to the rear. Easy as.